• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

This is brilliant!

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag

Popeye

Darth Vader
Bronze
Country flag
That makes our candy-chute look positively lame!! (Consisting of a piece of PVC pipe, decorated by the girls, and tied with wire-ties to the railing.)

Happy Halloween!

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
The high school science teacher here has the kids build an egg catapult every year for a project. I still have my middle son's sitting out back, it has a frame
and arm welded together from rebar and scrap and is powered by a hood hinge spring.

Country flag
I took the low tech approach last Friday, put a smallhandful into bags, made up 100 of them. Put them in a box and told the kids take a bag. Had about 6-7 left by the end of the eveningso a bigger turnout that I thought it might be, all things considered.

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
we had two kids - and one was a neighbour we texted to come over. Mind you in a good year we get less than 20

Country flag
I'm in a transitioning suburb, been here near 30 years and the folks that were here with kids when I moved in are all moving out and new young families moving in so the last 2-3 years lots more young kids. And I had a couple parents say they specifically stop by my place since I'm candy generous...

pdplot

Yoda
Country flag
Since moving to our present home in 1982, we've never had even one trick or treater. In our earlier other house, we had many.

OP
DrEntropy

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
The high school science teacher here has the kids build an egg catapult every year for a project. I still have my middle son's sitting out back, it has a frame
and arm welded together from rebar and scrap and is powered by a hood hinge spring.

Must have taken some engineering to find the balance between effective egg launching with the egg intact and the point where the sudden acceleration destroys the egg on launch!