• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Guitar Sunday

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
It's a chilly and wet day here so I've been sitting here listening to Andres Segovia and reading today. I thought I'd share one of my favourite guitar players.

https://youtu.be/YZEUjDoji3Y

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Yep! I have a little Andres in my iTunes collecitom - ripped from a vinyl record. A little useless trivia - Charo (the cuchi cuchi girl), birth name Maria Rosario Pilar Martinez Molina Baeza, is purported to have studies flamenco guita at a school for underprivledged kids founded by Segovia. (She is an amazing talent on guitar by the way)

Segovia1.jpg

pdplot

Yoda
Country flag
I saw Segovia in person at the Philadelphia Academy of Music around 1954 while a student at the U. of Pennsylvania. As was said, just a chair, a footstool and a guitar. He played that piece as well as other works.

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
I saw Segovia in person at the Philadelphia Academy of Music around 1954 while a student at the U. of Pennsylvania. As was said, just a chair, a footstool and a guitar. He played that piece as well as other works.

I couldn't make that event - I was busy being born :wink-new:

Trevor Triumph

Jedi Knight
Country flag
I've heard recordings of Segovia many times. That reminded me of Carlos Montoya a different style. Once when I was in high school in Cleveland, Ohio. We were in the cheap seats of the auditorium and looked down on the stage where I could see a bald head and a guitar. Never did see the hands or fingers. Later, fall 1983, he performed in Wickenburg Arizona. This time I didn't have to sit so far away - I could see hands and fingers flying around the instrument. He too is a master of his craft.

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
One of the best solo performances I remember wasn't guitar, but rather Piano. Back when I was stationed at Hill AFB, we went to a concert in Salt Lake City with George Winston - one of my all time favorite pianists.