• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

M250 officially halted for redesign

ljohnson

Freshman Member
Anyone that had put a deposit down for the new M250 received a letter from Lotus telling them to go get their money back. The car, in its current form, is not going to be built. They say things about making sure that the next Lotus car is designed with the entire world in mind and not just Europe. They also mention to not expect a new Lotus car for about three years.

Lance

JBsC5

Jedi Trainee
From what I hear Lotus could be up for sale again...Proton..the owner of Lotus is in trouble..

Ford is the number one prospect at the moment..Somehow I think Toyota could be number two..

Shame..that the M250 is off again..I really was looking foward to seeing that car hit the United States.

Was a great design. In fact I had been lead to believe the Alfa V6 making 250hp was the new motor for that car..

That would have been awesome but with Ford possibly taking over I doubt they will use a GM alliance engine..

Could the Opel speedster be next on the chopping block if Ford takes over?

J

Jagdreamer

Originally posted by ljohnson:
Anyone that had put a deposit down for the new M250 received a letter from Lotus <clip>
Lance

Lance, I am not familiar with the M250. Any pics you could post? Just curious,'

JD

J

Jagdreamer

Wow, too cool! Now THAT I would like to see in my garage!

Thanks, Lance!

JD