• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Anyone Game?

John Turney

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Interesting. I liked the part where they were at the Portofino and the cop came on the loudspeaker: “You are not social distancing,” he said. “Leave.”

DavidApp

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
Interesting article.

I understand there is a short version in Georgia. DTT which goes from somewhere in Athens to St. Marys on the coast.

David

HealeyRick

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Must be getting old. I thought this was cool in my younger days, now I think it's just stupid. All we need is for one of these guys to smash into a minivan full of kids and go up in a flaming ball of fire. Stuff happens fast at 160 mph and when you have a closing speed of greater than 100 mph it's just crazy.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
I was invited to be co-driver/navigator for the 1975 run. Then-wife disallowed. The article HERE is about a Berlina that was to be run for the second time. They came in fifth in '72. Bob equipped a second Berlina for '75 but couldn't find a co-driver.

Another pal ran it in his Porsche, got his picture along with the two other fastest times on the cover of C&D. Lots of Leo stories...

britanyweel

Freshman Member
Country flag
It's great that you found the article interesting, but I understand how perspectives can change over time. Safety concerns become more prominent as we grow older. Speaking of games, I love trying out new ones to keep myself entertained.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Old thread, but put me in mind of Dick Jenkins. He had just put a set of DCOE Webers on his new GTV (in 1975) and we were doing "plug checks" by driving it WOT on Ohio River Blvd, cutting ignition and rolling into the side street the dealership was on. Jet swaps and repeat...

The good old days. :giggle::p:devilish:

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Old thread, but put me in mind of Dick Jenkins. He had just put a set of DCOE Webers on his new GTV (in 1975) and we were doing "plug checks" by driving it WOT on Ohio River Blvd, cutting ignition and rolling into the side street the dealership was on. Jet swaps and repeat...

The good old days. :giggle::p:devilish:
Operational testing! Love it.

britanyweel

Freshman Member
Country flag
Recently, I stumbled upon this game called bubble money that's been quite addictive. It's a fun way to pass the time and challenge yourself. As a newbie on this forum, I'm excited to connect with fellow gamers and discuss various topics. If you have any game recommendations or want to chat about gaming experiences, feel free to drop me a line.

equiprx

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
Back in the mid 90s my coworkers introduced me to Tetras and Mombasa.
So addicted I was playing the games in my head when trying to sleep.
I knew if I didn't quit I would go insane, quit but went anyway.
So it goes.

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
It's now 1976. "You are standing at the end of a road, before a small building."

adventure.png

Bayless

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
A few years ago my grandson wanted to go to college and become a game developer. I thought he should learn some of the history so I found some of the old fortran code and some later attempts to convert to C and converted Adventure to Java. I have that Java code if anyone would like to play with it a bit, no charge, of course.

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
Years ago I took a course in C++. Actually wrote a couple of simple programs and was totally surprised that they actually worked! :thumbsup2: Lost interest after a while as there were too many other things more interesting to do, like flying and tinkering with British cars! :driving: Forgot everything I learned back then, but that's nothing unusual at my age. :devilgrin: PJ