• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Ram a lamb a ding dong

maynard

Obi Wan
Silver
Country flag
121687365_10208070964167504_6332127023787284113_n.jpg

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
"Ooh Eeeh oooh ahah" but I think that might be more appropriate one Forum down. :wink:

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Only us old f*rts will get that!

Years ago I attended a conference on "aging" relating to safety in "wet areas" (bathroom) of the home.
The moderator said the following:
"If you don't know what I am saying then please stand up"

Then she said: "Fee-Fi-Fofana, banana fanna fofana".

About half the people in attendance stood up, then the moderator said "those of you sitting down are all baby boomers" :highly_amused:

Country flag
Just the last two references that popped into my head. Saw that when it opened while in college in 79.
(and now they youngsters are wonder who let the old folks out...)

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
and even further back

Mairzy doats and dozy doats and liddle lamzy divey

pdplot

Yoda
Country flag
The Thing. Phil Harris. "Get outta here with that Bum Ba Bum before I call the cops!"
Drove my little daughter crazy. What was the thing?

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Just because it wouldn't be a BCF thread without a diversion. The other day, out of the blue I found myself thinking of the band Sha Na Na - went to the wiki site to learn and found this:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elmer_Edward_Solly

In a nutshell, Vinnie Taylor lead guitar died of a drug overdose in 1974. Child killer Elmer Edward Solly, escapes from prison in 1974, spends the next 27 living under various pseudonyms including taking the identity of Vinnie Taylor and performs and records under the name of Daniel "Danny C" Catalano - presenting as a former member of the band.

weird.

Note to self if you're on the lam find a discrete identity!

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Back in the day Anyone remember Doug Clark and the Hot Nuts?

Yup. They would show up at Geneva-on-the-Lake to perform in the season. Some years later, the Jaggerz would play at The Cove...

Trevor Triumph

Jedi Knight
Country flag
Geneva on the Lake? that's Ohio isn't it?

Anyway Ram-a-lam ... He made my baby fall in live with me... The song that asks the question, "Who put the bomp... Who put the ran in the ram-a-lam- ding-dong?

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
TrevorT said:
Geneva on the Lake? that's Ohio isn't it?

Yes. East of Cleveland and just west of Ashtabula. A summer resort town.

Darwin

Jedi Knight
Bronze
Country flag
Had a couple of doug clark 8 tracks in the 70's.