• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Hello

Knight66

Freshman Member
Hello all,
I'm a new member here and this is my first post

I am based in the UK and i am currently restoring my Austin Healey 100/6 BN6.
Its taking a little longer than i anticipated, largely because my family came along and priorities change.

I work in the Logistics department as a Logistics Planner within the automotive industry, and have done so for the last 35 years.
This is the first forum group i have joined and i hope that i will be able to help others as well as ask for help for myself.

Paul

Jerry

Darth Vader
Gold
Country flag
A 100 6 was my second British Car. I now have a BJ8 but most of the parts are the same. Lots of people to help with your questions here. Post some pictures also.

Jerry

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Glad to have you join, Paul! You will find our Austin Healey forum to be very active and helpful!

OP
K

Knight66

Freshman Member
Hi Jerry,
thanks for the msg. Some photos I took a couple of years ago. More will follow once i have the garage organized.

Cockpit 1.jpgCockpit with Gearbox.jpgEngine Bay 1.jpgEngine Bay 2.jpgHealey Front.jpgIMG_0093.jpgOff side.jpg

DavidApp

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
Hello Paul

Welcome to the forum

You will get plenty of tips and advice for your 100/6 BN6 project on the AH section. Input from a restorer is what keeps these forums going.
Your
100/6 BN6 looks great. I see it is LHD. An import from Europe or the US?

David

OP
K

Knight66

Freshman Member
It is a USA import. However, it was imported with documentation as a BN4. It was not imported by myself so I'm not sure if the stamped items on the car are original to the car. My big task is to investigate what the true identity of the car is. I was hoping there were some stamped numbers on parts of the car that are not on easily replaceable parts

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
It is a USA import. However, it was imported with documentation as a BN4. It was not imported by myself so I'm not sure if the stamped items on the car are original to the car. My big task is to investigate what the true identity of the car is. I was hoping there were some stamped numbers on parts of the car that are not on easily replaceable parts
Hi Paul and welcome to the British Car Forum. Why not gather any serial numbers and photos that you have and head over to the British Motor Museum to get some help in identifying your car?
It's got to be in your backyard so-to-speak.
Welcome!

OP
K

Knight66

Freshman Member
hello Gliderman8,

thank you for your reply.

Its my plan to visit in the next couple of weeks. You are right, its about 25 miles away. I didn't realize it was such a good source of data until recently.

many thanks
Paul

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
hello Gliderman8,

Its my plan to visit in the next couple of weeks. You are right, its about 25 miles away. I didn't realize it was such a good source of data until recently.

many thanks
Paul

By the way, you live in Coventry - the holy mecca for us Jaguar enthusiasts!

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
hello Gliderman8,

many thanks
Paul
I spent a wonderful day at the museum last year; it's a lovely place to spend a day.

OP
K

Knight66

Freshman Member
yes, and Triumph, Morris, Hillman and so many others.

My father worker in the Trim shop at Browns Lane in the seventies. its hard to find someone in the city who's family hasn't worked in the automotive industry. Sadly though, that industry in Coventry is slowly dwindling. I still work in the automotive industry for a 1st tier supplier: Brose Limited. we make Seats, Door Systems and mechatronics.

Paul