• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

TR2/3/3A Under dash fuse

charleyf

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
I believe that I have seen pictures of the back of the TR3 dash panel showing an in line fuse. But I can not find any wiring charts showing that. Can anybody verify the presence of a fuse and on what wire it is on?

DavidApp

Yoda
Country flag
Hello Charley

Here is a copy of a diagram I believe Randall put up. It is Item 41 on this drawing feeding the light switch.

David
TR3ALHDSCHEMATICMODIFIEDFROMPRAC-1.jpg

sp53

Yoda
Country flag
hi Charly, I could not find the picture of the fuse, but when I get under the dash again I will take a picture. The fuse started about 1959 and is in a metal canister; the fuse is in the red tail light wire and has a moveable clip on the canister that clips right in the center of the gauge panel at the bottom. The clip the fuse hangs on looks like one of dash covering clips plus when in place functions as one with those little barbs. plus very rare to find.

steve

OP
charleyf

charleyf

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
Thanks to all. And a belated thanks to Randall for putting together his wiring chart. I have 4 copies in 4 books of the wiring chart and none of them showed the fuse. Looking at pictures I got lost following the wires. So the fuse goes on the power feed from the light switch to the panel light switch. I would have guessed that it would have been on the brown/ blue power input wire to the light switch. But that would have put a fuse in line before the headlights.
Thanks David for coming up with the chart. I appreciate the help from all of you.

sp53

Yoda
Country flag
A tr2 wiper motor wires different than tr3 wiper and I think you said you have tr3 engine, so I was suggesting maybe other components might be later. If you look at the wiring diagram, the gauges are labeled incorrect; it has the gas gauge and temp gauge mislabeled. You friends probably know that, but in my experience not many people know the little things about a tr2. Here you have John and Long door and they experience

OP
charleyf

charleyf

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
After getting the information, I went out and found an original fuse with red/green wire to fuse to red wire on an old TR4 wiring harness. I also found the clip that the fuse holder goes in.
Again thanks to all for the help.
This project came as a true basket case with a body sitting ( no bolts) on the frame and with numerous boxes loaded with parts sitting in the car. It continues to be a fun challenge to get it back together.