• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

ebay

jaybird

Yoda
Country flag

DART

Darth Vader
Silver
Country flag
Along with that really cool air cleaner protruding from the bonnet, and the broken off passenger side fender mirror, the 3-speed automatic caps the MG experience.
But at least it will be cheap to fix, according to the seller.
That how you brung him up??? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/troll.gif

OP
jaybird

jaybird

Yoda
Country flag
HECK no. That car's bugly. I hate the bumpers, I hate the wheels, and why do they need a fire extinguisher?

He needs a LBC ya know. He was out of town all week on business and is catching up on ebay! Second link is better. And he's going to look at a Midget tomorrow night. I don't think he'll like it as much as a B, but we'll see.

Banjo

Yoda
Country flag
[ QUOTE ]

But at least it will be cheap to fix, according to the seller.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yea, the fix will be cheap. It's the hours spent tracking down what year/ model car the parts came from that will add up quick. Not to mention, if you don't plan on doing the work yourself, trying to find a shop willing to work on a monster like that. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hammer.gif
The second one is a vast improvement J.B.
Maybe you could convince him that, if you help him get it, he dosen't need that OD tranny /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devilgrin.gif

Steve_S

Yoda
The turn signals are on backwards.

Jaybird,
Actually a fire extinguisher is a must-have for any classic car. One little cracked hose or electrical short and you could lose your entire car forever!

OP
jaybird

jaybird

Yoda
Country flag
~makes note to self~ buy fire extinguisher!

Nunyas

Yoda
Country flag
second one isn't bad. Wouldn't take much to switch it back to dual SUs. I like the wheels on it... I'd like the car even more if it came with the original wire wheels in addition to the ones on it.

Keoke

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/iagree.gif Yes JB, and take that fire extinguisher note by Steve serious I thought all LBC owners carried one in their car. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif---Keoke /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/driving.gif

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Have one in every car. Only used one, one time: to extinguish a *school bus* engine fire! But it's a good thing to have on hand, just in case. I've fitted most of mine at the passenger side (trans cover area) tucked up high: accessable from either seat, outta the way (semi-hidden). Likely it'll only be used (hopefully) on "Other Peoples' Cars". Always wished for a fire bottle and plumbing but ya can't be a "Good Samaratan" with that IYSWIM. Hard to swing an entire LBC around to aim it at a fire /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Steve: glad you commented onna turn sig's: I LOL every time I see that. Much too common. I guess it ain't intuitive that the "running lamp" should be onna OUTSIDE of the unit.

Banjo

Yoda
Country flag
Good Idea. I have an extinguisher in my TR4 and I plan on having it in my next car.
A lot of our local shows require you to have one before thye let you park on the field. I think it's a good idea. And they have them available (very reasonably priced)at the gate for anyone who dosen't have one

OP
jaybird

jaybird

Yoda
Country flag
Heya guys. There IS a fire extinguisher in the trunk in the Cardinal duffel bag of stuff with jumper cables etc. Last night I went through that bag, sorted it out and I do have a fire extinguisher. ((I don't have to carry it in the cockpit, do I?))

sparkydave

Jedi Knight
Country flag
I didn't have an exinguisher until one day the fuel vent line broke in the trunk and started siphoning gas into the fender well. Fortunately, it didn't ignite and only amounted to a few teaspoons, but it dawned on me that perhaps that would be a good thing to have on hand. Got a little one from Autozone and it fits perfectly under the driver's seat.

rulle7

Jedi Knight
Country flag
[ QUOTE ]
I don't have to carry it in the cockpit, do I?

[/ QUOTE ]
I would...and do. Got mine on the shelf behind the passenger seat, within easy reach.
They sell them in chrome.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gifall shiny and nice if you don't like the 'industrial' look of the usual red.

Keoke

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't have to carry it in the cockpit, do I?

[/ QUOTE ]
I would...and do. Got mine on the shelf behind the passenger seat, within easy reach.
They sell them in chrome.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gifall shiny and nice if you don't like the 'industrial' look of the usual red.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep JB, thats where it belongs and the installaztion method defined by DR "E" is similar to mine out of sight but close at hand.---Keoke

OP
jaybird

jaybird

Yoda
Country flag
I moved the extinguisher to the cockpit, just laying on the shelf right now.

Wonder how old it is? Was the PO's when we bought the car? Do they 'go bad?'

Bawanadic

I have always carried a fire extiguisher since I caught the dash of a 47 Willys on fire and had to put it out with a bottle of Rolling Rock ( I wasn't going to waste the Fosters and I was 21 ).
My wife keeps taking her's out of the trunk (garage sales are her vice of choise) so I'm going to due so rigging like Dr. E suggested.

Banjo

Yoda
Country flag
[ QUOTE ]
I moved the extinguisher to the cockpit, just laying on the shelf right now.

Wonder how old it is? Was the PO's when we bought the car? Do they 'go bad?'

[/ QUOTE ]
They do eventually go bad. If its in question, get a new one.
Go to a hardware store. dont buy one at the parts store, they cost 3x as much. (unless you want one of the pretty chrome ones. TYhen you're pretty much stuck with getting it at a parts store).
I got a pair of extinguishers at Sam's Club for less than Auto Zone wanted for one.
Just make sure its rated for flammable liquids and the like.