• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

1960 AH Sprite

jlaird

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Do you remember Miss Agatha? Sold to Cal.

Here is the new Miss Agatha, I hope. Should know in a day or so. Needless to say this is not a rebuild, I am too old for that the 5th time. This is for enjoyment only.

1960 Austin Healey Bugeye or Frogeye Sprite Fully restored, Amazing!
This rust free Bugeye was disassembled completely and professionally by a local British Car restoration shop. The body was sent out to one of the best local shops for repair and repainting in a striking black which in my opinion, is one of the best colors on these great little cars. When the car returned the assembly began with all the new, NOS and rebuilt parts.
The engine is a lightly tuned 1275cc motor that has been fully rebuilt, balanced and run in. It has the later and larger SU carbs as well as an alternator conversion, spin on oil filter and a new radiator was also added to aid in cooling on those hot summer days!
The brakes and suspension were also upgraded with front disc brakes, and poly susp. bushes and also a 3.9 rear end.
At this time the car was converted to run wire wheel axels & hubs front and rear. This allows for the traditional wire wheels to be used.
The interior was not overlooked either. This car has a full leather interior which was custom made by a local upholstery craftsman who specialized in vintage european cars. Not only are the seats full leather, but the dash is covered in leather as well. The door pockets were painstakingly rebuilt exactly as orignal as well (a common shortcut area). The result is one of the best Sprite interiors I have seen. It's Beautiful!
It of course has all new weather equipment such as a new top & side curtains. It also comes with an original jack, owners manual, and other small items.

z1j1HN1Q1vV1n.1_10.jpg
1960_austin_healey_sprite_bugeye-1582634602-484-e.jpg

[FONT=&quot][h=2][/h]

email.png
Email

[/FONT]

1960_austin_healey_sprite_bugeye-1582634603-67-e.jpg

OP
jlaird

jlaird

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Wonders why it did not have a Datsun 210 transmission, or maybe it does but was not noted as car is in storage not at owner.

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
Sweet! [if it's a 5 speed, they didn't change the knob - can't imagine that was done and not posted as such]
If it has an alternator conversion, it would appear the the original tach is in there... so non-functioning or had internal conversion too.

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
looks great Jack - welcome back to the fold

OP
jlaird

jlaird

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Hi guys, kind of fun to be back, up to 82 now and figured this was maybe my last chance for a bugeye. Any way I have a son who use to drive mine to school almost daily, the kids thought it was his. He will see it has a good home.

OP
jlaird

jlaird

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Paid for, shipping scheduled tomorrow, delivery in 10 days or less.

59diamond

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
I am very happy for you.
I remember meeting you about 5 years ago and hauling Miss Agatha off to California.
Miss Agatha is gone now, probably still in Texas and my friend Charles who accmpanied me on the trip is deceased now.
Enjoy your new acquisition and I do hope it has a five speed because I really think you will enjoy that aspect. I know I do.
Good Driving,
Bill Mayer (59Diamond)

OP
jlaird

jlaird

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Thanks Bill. That was a weekend for the books for sure. Sorry about Charles seemed like a good guy. I think of Miss Agatha often. She came to me as junk from Texas, hope she is well and loved.

Rut

Obi Wan
Country flag
Jack,
Welcome back! Well, you’ve moved from Florida and I bet you won’t miss the hurricanes. That a beautiful Bugeye and I hope you enjoy it as much as Miss Agatha.
Take care, Rut

OP
jlaird

jlaird

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
OP
jlaird

jlaird

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
I did, they accepted the bank transfer. The price includes shipping. I surely can not build one for that kind of money or even 3 times that.

This mornings email says for status "Order accepted, shipping pending."

Next week should be something else.

OP
jlaird

jlaird

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Some thoughts: Dark Lady, Nightmare, Night Lady, Miss Black, ?

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
Can't get over that price! WITH shipping?!!!! Sounds very very odd to me. One in lousy condition might fetch $4400 unshipped.
I suppose you'll know for sure shortly.

Last edited:

Rhodyspit75

Jedi Knight
Silver
Country flag
$4400 shipped! Custom leather interior, new top, 1275 front discs original jack and owners manual. Ah that’s a $18000 to $20000 car plus shipping. Something sounds fishy. Sorry to be a party pooper.
I hope that this turns out well for you.

Last edited:

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
$4400 shipped! Custom leather interior, new top, 1275 front discs original jack and owners manual. Ah that’s a $18000 to $20000 car plus shipping. Something sounds fishy. Sorry to be a party pooper.

Agreed. Even the reference to "full leather" struck me as odd. <gulp> Maybe $14,400? And who offers shipping included?

Last edited:

Jim_Gruber

Yoda
Country flag
Dark Knight Welcome Back, Jack!

Rut

Obi Wan
Country flag
The same car is listed for sale in Sarasota, FL and Columbia, MS for a different amount...they even used the same pictures. &#55357;&#56865;
Rut