• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

1/2 gallon ZipLock freezer bags.

DavidApp

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
Where are all the 1/2 Gallon ZipLock bags?

I buy my freezer bags at one of the shopping clubs and get them in a box of about 150 bags. Recently I needed some more 1/2 gallon bags and noticed they were out of stock. Checking back every time I visited the store they were always out of stock. Then the location for the bags was removed.
Last night I decided to go on line to get some.
All the places that list them are out of stock. 2 gallon bags seem to be all the rage now but no 1/2 gallon bags.

They are the perfect size for freezing soup and chill.

David

Madflyer

Jedi Knight
Country flag
The nature of the beast. You would think 150 would be enough but it's canning time for one and not only do car guy put parts in them winter weather protection of some items. I use them when boarding our dog per mes. food. There not TP but still handy will you get two boxes next time?? Madflyer

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Everybody's storing their toilet paper in 'em.

OP
D

DavidApp

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
I had been using the 1/2 gallon bags for several years to freeze soup and Chili. that is the perfect size for us for supper.
soup s.jpg
About 4 cups of soup. When I cook soup I do enough so we have quick handy meals.

A lot of things seem to be MIA. Ran out of Old Bay shrimp boil a while ago and none to be found anywhere. Premio Hot Italian sausage is missing from the stores as well. There are probable a lot of other things but those come to mind.

I am old and stuck in my ways so I miss the stuff I like.

David

OP
D

DavidApp

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
Solved the Old Bay shrimp boil shortage. Went to a small local gas station/grocery store. They had several containers on the shelf. I did not get all of them. Left some for others unlike the TP crowd.

David