• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

2019 Ford Ranger Android Auto problems

DavidApp

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
I am trying to get my maps to display on my Ford Ranger screen. It has Ford Sync 3 installed and Android Auto. My phone will connect and allow me to make calls but when I connect the phone via a USB cable I initially get a map but then if I try to use it it goes to this screen and nothing seems to work ie pressing the home button on the screen does nothing.
Ranger screen 2 s.jpg
The home button on the wheel brings up this screen.
Ranger screen s.jpg
Pressing the map icon gets you back to the black screen again.

I did a soft reset of the SYNC by pressing the Radio button and Next track for 2 seconds. But that did not improve the situation.

David

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
Can't help you there David, I guess because I haven't encountered that problem on my 1986 Ranger with 250,000 miles on it I bought new, and still have!
Sorry David, I just had to say that :thumbsup:

I had a problem with my new Chevy Silverado and the dealer had to reset the software in the computer. I think they just plugged their instrument into the truck and it reset it automatically. 90 bucks later, :rolleyes2: everything is fine. Needless to say, the warranty just ran out before that happened!

OP
D

DavidApp

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
Thank you Paul

My 2001 ranger with 190,000 does not have the problem but it only has an AM-FM radio.

David

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
Your's has a radio!? must have been the deluxe model! :highly_amused:

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
have you re-started the phone? disconnected the truck battery? made a sacrifice under a full moon?

OP
D

DavidApp

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
Seems it may be an android problem.

My wife has an I phone and that works fine. Maps, music with no problem.

Will try deleting the truck on my phone and the phone on the truck and reinstall them both. The maps worked on a previous version of software but something has been changed by Ford or Samsung.

David

OP
D

DavidApp

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
After uninstalling Android Auto on both the truck and phone, re linking the Bluetooth and reinstalling the Android Auto the truck attempted to communicate with the phone. Several rounds of turn the phone off start the truck plug the phone USB in it suddenly worked.

Now we will see if it still works tomorrow.

David

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
After uninstalling Android Auto on both the truck and phone, re linking the Bluetooth and reinstalling the Android Auto the truck attempted to communicate with the phone. Several rounds of turn the phone off start the truck plug the phone USB in it suddenly worked.

Now we will see if it still works tomorrow.

David

I love technology :rolleyes:

OP
D

DavidApp

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
It is still very random. Sometimes Waze comes up and works as soon as I plug the phone in and other times it takes a while then says Waze has not been set up on your device. Google maps work sometimes and others I just get a blank screen.

May be hammer time.

David

vette

Darth Vader
Country flag
Hmm, my ā€˜63 Healey just turned over 100,000 miles and has never seen that problem........ yet. The on board gps still works off the auxiliary power plug connected to the high tech alternator. My 2019 Corvette hasnā€™t shown any of those problems either. Of course I havenā€™t subscribed to any of remote apps either... and never will. Sorry I just had to tease, different strokes for different folks. Hope u make out.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
The GPS in my Healey has never worked well; she's always thinking of how to write a story about the trip.

:lol:

A couple who were friends of the family were travelling to our house on the Lake Erie coast for the first time, he turns to her and asks her how far they were from the Lake. She looked at the map, held up her hand with finger and thumb an inch apart and declared: "About this far, Joey."

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
:lol:

A couple who were friends of the family were travelling to our house on the Lake Erie coast for the first time, he turns to her and asks her how far they were from the Lake. She looked at the map, held up her hand with finger and thumb an inch apart and declared: "About this far, Joey."

from what turned out to be a much better movie than I anticipated - and good LBC content as well.