• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

New Member near Charlotte, NC

Crimedog

Freshman Member
My dad owned a '65 Sprite (I think it was a '65). It was the first car I remember him working on. My brother and I would play in it, on it, around it. That was the start of my car restoration hobby. I'm familiar with Mustangs, but not so much with the Sprite. I've always figured I might try to find one, so if anyone has any leads to a solid body/roller/project, let me know. Thanks.

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
great project to start with. they are pretty easy to find and super simple to work on - welcome.

DavidApp

Yoda
Country flag
Hello Crimedog

Welcome to the forum.

Sprites seem to come up all the time. Check the Spridgets section for leads also the classified section.

David

Madflyer

Jedi Knight
Country flag
It is a good starter car look for rust and any paper work for proof of work and years not running. All parts easy to get look for OEM and UK over China. And last get it drivable ASAP you do not want to put money into a car you do not like or fit in. Start with oil, water, gas, safety brakes tires lub bearings electoral connection clean any and grounding wires. Restorations cost lots and most must be sent out paint motor and running gear trans etc. seats and carpets cost jus a seat and seat belts and brakes will get you a good feel. And last stay on this BLOG we will get you through with a good time and WELCOME.

Madflyer

Madflyer

Jedi Knight
Country flag
Hey Dog Look for a club in your area and contact British Marque Car Club News 401-766-6920 clubs in Raleigh, Charlotte, Kernersville,. always looking for new members. Madflyer