• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Railroad enthusiasts?

Trevor Triumph

Jedi Knight
Country flag
I have a thrity year old Bachmann Big Hauler locomotive. How does one te3st to make the radio transmitter is working? When I put power directly to the motor it works. I don't have a drawing of the inner works of the lcocmotive and can't find one on any website. It is battery operated and batteries for the engine and transmitter show full voltage. The problem is the transmitter, the receiver, the connection between the batteries and motor? Any ideas?T.T.

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
Do we have a picture so many of us that has no idea what your talking about can see? Is it a radio or train locomotive? :sorry:

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
Oh well, link won't open for me. ??

OP
T

Trevor Triumph

Jedi Knight
Country flag
Thanks. I will try that.
After consulting the website... The train is old, no parts in the transmitter or locomotive are repairable. Bachmann does not support them any longer. Maybe i can go to track power and eliminate the batteries. wires directly tp the motor would probably do the trick. I might have some wipers in the parts box to put on the tender trucks. Oh boy, another project.

T.T.

glemon

Yoda
Country flag
Maybe i can go to track power and eliminate the batteries. wires directly tp the motor would probably do the trick. I might have some wipers in the parts box to put on the tender trucks. Oh boy, another project.

T.T.

I have installed tender wheel wipers on N scale locos--should be a piece of cake on large scale. Have fun!