• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Kohler Cooties?

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
A public service announcement for your home (in case you have visitors from California):

You may know that California now requires warnings on all sorts of products (paint, etc.).

So, we are now swapping out our guest bathroom toilet, and found this warning inside! Evidently, porcelain is considered hazardous to our friends to the south.
Cancer? Reproductive harm? Huh?
I guess one needs to be careful where one sits (if you're from California). Kohler cooties.

2020-09-28 14.25.45.jpg

maynard

Obi Wan
Silver
Country flag
It reminds me of the time a patient asked his doctor if he could get an STD in a bathroom. The doctor thought and said yes, but it may be a little awkward.

OP
Boink

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
And today I bought a 10' stick of galvanized flashing... and it had the same warning on it!

2020-09-29 13.04.16.jpg

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
As I posted in another Thread, I bought a small pack of wood screws with a similar waring (from the state of CA of course).

OP
Boink

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
Does galvanized metal off-gas (even a little) or would one be ill-advised to lick it? Or was it the packaging of the screws?

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Does galvanized metal off-gas (even a little) or would one be ill-advised to lick it? Or was it the packaging of the screws?

No idea. One thing is for sure - I'm not concerned even a little bit.

OP
Boink

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
Me either. Seems silly... but am now wondering if these are required on everything, and then one is supposed to go to a website to look up the items.
Crazy.

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
A public service announcement for your home (in case you have visitors from California):

You may know that California now requires warnings on all sorts of products (paint, etc.).

So, we are now swapping out our guest bathroom toilet, and found this warning inside! Evidently, porcelain is considered hazardous to our friends to the south.
Cancer? Reproductive harm? Huh?
I guess one needs to be careful where one sits (if you're from California). Kohler cooties.

View attachment 65650

Moral - don't lick the toilet seat. :pukeface:

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
Only if you weld on it or burn it with a torch!

pdplot

Yoda
Country flag
Propane tanks now have a safety feature to prevent gas from shooting out when the hose is disconnected. Trouble is half the time, you can't get the unit lit because the gas isn't flowing - the valve is probably stuck. Plus around here, you can only exchange tanks each time and we had to dispose of our own tanks because they were over 5 years old. Similar to the gas cans of today with their "safety" feature.

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
I took the bottles for my torch in to be refilled a few years back and they made me exchange them. I had always just refilled them but now they get exchanged.

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Speaking of stupid warnings, here's a great one:

funnywarning.jpg

1. Wash inside out √
2. Remove Child √

Step #2 is especially important
:rolleye:

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
"Remove child before washing" begs the question; are we to wash the kid simultaneously yet separately then?

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
Usually they do that because the testing date is about to run out or is already out. The cylinders have to be pressure tested in a predetermined period of time. When I worked for Air Reduction Company, we dropped a cylinder into a high pressure tank, filled the tank and cylinder with water, pumped 4000 lbs of water pressure into the cylinder and checked the cylinder for expansion, there's a maximum expansion allowed.

I took the bottles for my torch in to be refilled a few years back and they made me exchange them. I had always just refilled them but now they get exchanged.

Last edited by a moderator:

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Wait we're supposed to remove the kid before washing? How are we supposed to wash our kids then?

John Turney

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Propane tanks now have a safety feature to prevent gas from shooting out when the hose is disconnected. Trouble is half the time, you can't get the unit lit because the gas isn't flowing - the valve is probably stuck. Plus around here, you can only exchange tanks each time and we had to dispose of our own tanks because they were over 5 years old. Similar to the gas cans of today with their "safety" feature.
The last time that happened to me, it was because I didn't have connection tight enough.

IIRC, New DOT propane tanks have to be certified after 10 years; after that, it's every 5 years. When the 10 year on my tank was up, I exchanged it and let the exchange company worry about it. I then would refill the exchanged tank until its time was up and do another exchange; repeat.