• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

single stage paint

tassante58

Freshman Member
Country flag
Have a 79 mgb just about ready to paint. Has anyone ever used a single stage acrylic urethane. If so how was the result. Thanks

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
You may get some replies here but you might also want to post your question in the MG forum and especially in the "Restoration and Tools" forum.

Welcome to BCF!

Jerry

Darth Vader
Gold
Country flag
I have painted with both types. My last full car, I painted with single stage and let it dry. Then sanded it and followed it with a clear coat. Since I am not an expert painter, about one car every two years, this gave me the chance to clean up any drips or items that fall into your paint. Without a paint booth, you don't have control on what the air will bring to your paint. I made a booth out of plastic and that helped but was not perfect. So sanding the color coat (single stage) worked for me. I just recently tried water based two stage paint. I was happy with it because the color coat dries fast.

Grantura_MKI

Darth Vader
Gold
Country flag
I only use single stage paints. Getting more difficult to come by here in Cali.
i use PPG paints with the clear already mixed in. Is sold under the DCC label. Was called Concept before.
good luck.