• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Hyper-positive Camber

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
Or... wait... that's NEGATIVE. [pardon my reverse polarity :wink-new: ]
Though I'll confess to being an aging geezer, I don't get it. Do these crazy Rice-Rockets have outer CV joints that allow this extreme angle of the wheels? I'd think the front wheels would be especially vulnerable to being, well, torn off. Also, it looks like there is only a 1cm clearance to the wheel-arches. Bounce, scrape?
2020-09-23 11.09.24.jpg
2020-09-23 11.10.42.jpg

Last edited:

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
"If it's too low,you're too old".

OP
Boink

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
I'm just thinking about tire and bearing wear. Didn't know they had low-profile tires like that.

The exhaust might be compensation (for something - :p).

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
I don't love them, but, am glad to see a next generation customizing cars. We have seen gassers and lowriders and donks and bigger rear wheels and so on and so on - each generation I think needs to find their own look.

Now to add a British angle

I have been watching this on another forum - there is a V8 going in and I think it looks better than I imagined it would. It is certainly a well engineered project.

gt6.jpg

OP
Boink

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
I'll agree that it's good to see a new/next generation interested in cars (though wonder how many actually work on them). Different strokes and all that...

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
As far as I'm concerned it exhibits a total lack of engineering knowledge. Even cornering at 200 MPH, a degree or two of negative camber is about all that's effective. Not to mention bearing and drive line bits wearing prematurely. A colossal waste of money. Good for them. Some of the less well off folks can only afford to "modify" their rides with those idiotic stick-on "Buick" portholes. :smirk:

I'd guess there's a sound system in that thing likely to rival any movie theater, too.

OP
Boink

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
Definitely (goofy) appearance over function. Almost like a clown car.
And, yes, probably a bazillion watt stereo system that produces thumping in the chests of people hundreds of feet away.

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
I fail to see how it improves anything about the driveability of the cars.
I also hate it when I see those "slammed" cars & trucks,with the body right
above the ground.

OP
Boink

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
I fail to see how it improves anything about the driveability of the cars.
I also hate it when I see those "slammed" cars & trucks, with the body right
above the ground.

They're surely not about drivability... but about looking cool while cruising the 'hood. No?

OP
Boink

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
OP
Boink

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
Boy isn't that the truth. I damaged the muffler on my 100-4 innumerable times.

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
OP
Boink

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag

pdplot

Yoda
Country flag
My Alfa has a plate protecting the sump. It hangs up if I go out the driveway in the tire tracks because of the crown in the middle. I really have to go s-l-o-w over speed bumps. Almost all those super cars have the same trouble.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
My Alfa has a plate protecting the sump. It hangs up if I go out the driveway in the tire tracks because of the crown in the middle. I really have to go s-l-o-w over speed bumps. Almost all those super cars have the same trouble.

Be glad it has the skid guard, Paul. I've had Alfa Spider customers come into the shop with cracked oil pans and an "outie" in the hood from the engine being pushed up into it. Speed bumps and curbstones. Nasty.