• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

TR2/3/3A Happy with my Paltech Carb rebuild

jfarris

Jedi Trainee
Gold
Country flag
I finally gave up on my adjustments and tuning of HS6 carbs (AUC786) on my TR3. My original set needed throttle shaft bushings and upgraded o-rings versus cork seals on the jet bearings. New “super dry” jet bearings didn’t help – I think they were just tired. I purchased a used set of carbs (AUC878) that had been rebuilt by one of the best in the business but sat unused on a shelf for a long time, the float bowls leaked. So, I boxed up my originals with the intake manifold and linkages and sent them off to Paltech Technologies. We’ve all seen pictures of Jeff’s work. The pictures don’t lie. His micro polishing process produces works of art. And they work! At first, I had a couple leaks at the banjo fittings but got that sorted with his help. Finally, I have adjustable mixtures, idle speed, and the choke works. Did I mention that they look great? Jeff was excellent to work with, good communication, no surprises and he said to keep asking questions until I was happy. I highly recommend his work.
No financial incentive.

Paltech 1.jpgPaltech 2.jpgPaltech.jpg

Rod-H

Bronze
Country flag
Those look great, a shame to have to keep them under the bonnet.

RJS

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
Same,

I had Jeff do mine in summer 2017. Mysteriously, I cracked a cylinder head stud (original from 1966). Meant I had to pull the head. So, I used the opportunity to send the carbs and intake out to Paltech.

Carbs ran perfect from moment installed and still look fantastic. I seem to recall turnaround time wasn't too bad either. Couldn't be happier.

Bob

OP
jfarris

jfarris

Jedi Trainee
Gold
Country flag
Steve,
The cost was $100 more than what his website currently says, $795 for the two carbs, linkage, and manifold. $100 less if you drop the manifold. It took about a month to get them back.
Like Bob and I said, couldn't be happier with both looks and performance!

MKN

Freshman Member
Country flag
That was then, this is now.
Ordered carbs for my TR3A over 4 months ago--in early Feb, paid 1/2 down--promised delivery in 8-10 weeks. Finally got a hold of Jeff in late April--he had been sick but promised delivery in 3 weeks, by mid May--of course, that time frame has come and gone. And no reply to text messages and no answering of telephone--complete ghosting. BAD NEWS. Sorry for his health, wish him well and God speed, but return my money and we'll all get along.
Mark

Donald1107

Country flag
Man, I could not agree more. PalTech is great, and I only hope that Jeff trains a successor as skilled as he is. My carbs sat untouched (and not drained) for 30 years. Now they are shiny and virtually new!

Attachments

• 2F41A5CA-1A41-41BE-88EF-FD84CBBBDB4F.jpeg
    2F41A5CA-1A41-41BE-88EF-FD84CBBBDB4F.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 117

Dan1953

Freshman Member
Country flag
Man, I could not agree more. PalTech is great, and I only hope that Jeff trains a successor as skilled as he is. My carbs sat untouched (and not drained) for 30 years. Now they are shiny and virtually new!
That was then, this is now.
Ordered carbs for my TR3A over 4 months ago--in early Feb, paid 1/2 down--promised delivery in 8-10 weeks. Finally got a hold of Jeff in late April--he had been sick but promised delivery in 3 weeks, by mid May--of course, that time frame has come and gone. And no reply to text messages and no answering of telephone--complete ghosting. BAD NEWS. Sorry for his health, wish him well and God speed, but return my money and we'll all get along.
Mark
Sent him my Weber DCOE last October, been promised three weeks about three times now. No response at all for more than 4 months. I just want it back at this point. Everybody should avoid this guy, you will never see your carb again.