• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

The results of a bureaucrat defending his exsistance.

maynard

Obi Wan
Silver
Country flag
iu

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Sounds about right.

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Here's one of my favorites. This was legitimately on a pack of wood screws I bought at Home Depot.

wood_screw_warning.jpg

So whatever you do, don't eat the wood screws! :scared:

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
When my son was 4 or 5 years old I bought a child’s seat that mounted on my bicycle. It came in a small box with a picture of the seat mounted on a bicycle. At the bottom of the photo it said “Bicycle not included”. Well duh :rolleye:

charlie74

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
When my son was 4 or 5 years old I bought a child’s seat that mounted on my bicycle. It came in a small box with a picture of the seat mounted on a bicycle. At the bottom of the photo it said “Bicycle not included”. Well duh :rolleye:

maybe it’s as much an indictment of our society that the manufacturer feels that some people have to have that explained to them! ��

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
maybe it’s as much an indictment of our society that the manufacturer feels that some people have to have that explained to them! ��

B I N G O !

When McDonalds is sued by a patron, because the coffee was hot and burned her ... we got troubles, right here in River City. The companies go to ridiculous lengths to protect themselves from ridiculous people.

As my brother says: "Ah, humans ..."

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Here's one of my favorites. This was legitimately on a pack of wood screws I bought at Home Depot.

View attachment 65430

I think I get the point.

Have you ever read all the warning stickers on a new ladder?
I'm sure that there was a lawsuit behind every one of them.

DNK

Great Pumpkin
Country flag

View attachment 65430

That's because the stuff it is coated with is harmfull when handled for an extended period of time
Had a friend that it happened to. Not with your product shown , but one I use a lot
So I think it's a good message

Country flag
"It didn't say not to" has become the replacement for "What the $@$#! were you thinking"... I just think of all the "personal injury" ads I see everyday on TV.

DavidApp

Yoda
Country flag
Gas cans are a great example of trying to avoid law suits.

I have spilled more gas trying to get it out of these new Safety cans than I ever did with the old type.

David

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Gas cans are a great example of trying to avoid law suits.

I have spilled more gas trying to get it out of these new Safety cans than I ever did with the old type.

David

True 'dat- HATE those things!

Madflyer

Jedi Knight
Country flag
We got a new car in June that was from a California dealer. A California sticker on drivers window states in short gasoline may be harmful. I did not plan to drink it just spill some on the ground. Madflyer

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
"Breathing may be hazardous to your health".

The number of folks signing the petition to ban "dihydrogen monoxide" is one fine example of the dumbing-down of people. Evidence of the need to require product labels like those warnings.

Oh... and remember: don't eat the yellow snow.

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
I think we are seeing Prop 65 from California

https://foodinsight.org/what-is-californias-prop-65/

perhaps run amok

I never quite know what to make of lawsuit culture. (they are trying very hard to catch up here in Canada) On the one hand it seems too quick and too trivial, OTOH undeniably carelessness and negligence often leave people no alternative.

OP
M

maynard

Obi Wan
Silver
Country flag
Next, there will be warning labels on bottled water. After all. water can kill you.

Bayless

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Well it does contain that dihydrous monoxide.