• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

New Guy From SC

Chaz

Freshman Member
I'm Chaz and and I'm a new kid on the block. I live in SC, USA.

I daily drive a '16 Miata, but I've had a long-time love affair with all car British.

A British sports car was the foundation of a life-long love of sports cars. It was a sky blue Jaguar XK120 drophead sitting on a used car lot in Duluth, MN when I was 12 (50+ yrs ago). Blew me away. It was love at first sight.

I'm not into the mechanical and such things - it terrifies me, TBH. I'm more into the experience of owning and driving and hope to read about it here.

I'm also a woodworker. I turn custom wood shift knobs and will, from time to time, post stuff I make in the classified section that is appropriate to the topic.

While I'm living in SC right now, I lived in Colorado for 25 years and can discuss drives and destinations. There's also a big meet for British cars in Denver every year that's awesome.

And in case anyone's wondering I hate William Shattner and Jeremy Clarkson.

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
Chaz - welcome to BCF. My first whiff of British cars was a 120 also, back in high school. But settled on a 1955 Mk VII saloon to get me through college in the late '60s.

Good to have you with us!
Tom M.

DavidApp

Yoda
Country flag
Hello Chaz

Welcome to the forum.

Strangely the first car I wanted to buy was a XK120 but it was a little out of my price range. I settled on a TR2 for a more reasonable price.

David

Madflyer

Jedi Knight
Country flag
Welcome from Reno NV It looks like the dream of a lot of us 120 Me too. Our club has two 120's. One is a SCCA vintage race car and what a dream to drive and the sound to die for. For sure TR's in the price range.
Madflyer