• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

why I'm hopeful

PC

Obi Wan
Country flag
On our way out to dinner a couple of days ago we spotted a chrome bumper Spitfire at a stoplight, waiting to turn onto the street we were on. The paint was dark and oxidized, not sure what color it started out as. But the body looked pretty straight.

A few blocks up, we spotted a very good condition, silver 450 SL in the oncoming lane.

What makes me hopeful? As we all know, one of the recurring discussions (like this one: https://www.britishcarforum.com/bcf/showthread.php?120384-General-Present-Attitude-Classic-Cars) is about the future of the our cars and the hobby. Both of these cars I spotted that evening were driven by young guys, guys who weren't even born yet when those cars were built. Heck, the Spit might have been older than the guy's parents.

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
A couple of years ago I saw a couple of young guys, late teens or early twenties, driving a beautiful bright red TR3.

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Stolen maybe? - oh wait,if it was a stick,probably not.

Madflyer

Jedi Knight
Country flag
I have a 1973 TR 6 I did a frame up in one year in 1993 My son was in High School that year and helped some. I told him one day this car will be yours I am now 74 and I told him last week not yet he is 44. If I am lucky he wont get the car when he is 60. Madflyer