• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

catching Z's

PC

Obi Wan
Country flag
So, a couple of nights back, just before hitting the hay, I had to run out to the supermarket to grab a couple things we noticed we needed for breakfast the next day.

As I'm walking from my car to the entrance, a Datsun Z rolls through the parking lot, metallic grey with front wing mirrors (JDM style).

I'm not good with the subtle trim differences between 240's, 260's and 280's. Not sure which it was.

As I'm driving home I saw another one, orange with rear hatch louvers (and US style mirrors).

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
You don't see many of those anymore. I'm pretty sure the differences are that one says 240, one says 260, and one says 280 on the side.

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
My oldest had a 280Z while he was going through UPT at Vance AFB. He hit a patch of ice under an overpass and slid it into a concrete pillar and that was that.

pdplot

Yoda
Country flag
I had a 1979 280 ZX 2 + 2. One of my favorite cars. Wish I'd kept it but I was talked into selling it because of rusted rockers.

pdplot

Yoda
Country flag
Not right at hand. I don't have many pictures of cars I've owned especially those I only had for a couple of years. I may have one photo I took on a weekend trip to Montauk Point one winter. I took mainly pictures of my kids as they grew. I'll look through my old photos anyway. It was maroon in color. I bought it from an airline pilot in Wilton and have absolutely no recall if I traded or sold it - I think I sold it for $1,650.00 after Larry Novak sold his because his rockers were rusting and he talked me into selling mine. The bodies were rather flimsy steel as I recall.

pdplot

Yoda
Country flag
Here are the only pictures I have. Taken at Montauk Point on tip of Long Island.

Attachments

• Datsun 280ZX.JPG
    Datsun 280ZX.JPG
    797.4 KB · Views: 56
  • Datsun 280ZX1.JPG
    Datsun 280ZX1.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 44