• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

New Member - MG Midget - Calgary AB

yycmidget

Freshman Member
Country flag
Well, this is a little embarrassing - I'm a new member here because of an Italian car. Worse, it's not even my car. Even worse than that, I signed up to see pictures of a scooter... an Italian Lambretta with faded tail light lenses. The good news is that I now have a possible solution to faded rear lenses on a 1967 Fiat Dino 2000 that belongs to a friend. It's probably all OK though, since Luigi the plumber insisted that I register...

So with that confession out of the way, I have a 1979 MG Midget 1500 that I've owned for 35 years. It's running well after a couple of years of picking away at a backlog of necessary fixes (rear suspension, brakes all around, tie rods, new exhaust manifold, carb/choke rebuild, new carpets...). Normally I can be found over at MG Experience, but now that I'm here, I'm hoping the the forums here are as helpful. It's always good to have another avenue for sharing advice and information.

Dave

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
Dave - welcome to BCF. You'd be surprised how many Italian cars BCF members have - Alfa Romeo for example. Even some Lambrettas pop up here from time to time.

I'd bet most everyone here got their car "running better" after tackling one job after another. Have to admit, with 35 years owning that Midget, you're well qualified to answer questions here as well as ask them.

Here's the Midget area if you feel like taking the plunge.

https://www.britishcarforum.com/bcf/forumdisplay.php?31-Spridgets

Good to have you with us.
Tom M.

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
welcome fellow Canadian and 1500 Big Block owner. :grin: - another also Italian owner though the Fiat hasn't moved on its own in a long time and it will be a long time.

come on over to Spridgets and post some pics.

OP
yycmidget

yycmidget

Freshman Member
Country flag
Thank you both for the warm welcome. As I've looked at some of the forums here, it seems like a good place to find and share enthusiasm for these old classics.

I am totally stealing the Midget "Big Block" label and using it shamelessly!

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
We're glad to have you aboard, Dave! Would love to see some pictures of that Dino!

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag