• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

New Member From Easton, CT

Jack1

Freshman Member
Country flag
Purchased a 100 Six BN6 that had been restored (mechanically) by the previous owner and then left idle for over 15 years never being driven.
I rebuilt the carbs replaced the gas tank and fuel lines , new battery oil change/ filter and she stared right up running perfect,... oil pressure etc.
The rear diff was dry, and after filling I noticed diff fluid leaking from the left hub.... so now the fun begins.

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Purchased a 100 Six BN6 that had been restored (mechanically) by the previous owner and then left idle for over 15 years never being driven.
I rebuilt the carbs replaced the gas tank and fuel lines , new battery oil change/ filter and she stared right up running perfect,... oil pressure etc.
The rear diff was dry, and after filling I noticed diff fluid leaking from the left hub.... so now the fun begins.

welcome! sounds like a great project. Leaking hubs aren't that unusual (at least in MG world) one fix is not overfilling the diff. ask in the Healey forum and I am sure you will get answers.

Madflyer

Jedi Knight
Country flag
Just do left turns that will keep the oil on the other side of the car KIDDING Fix before it gets to brake shoes Not a big job I do not know if axle has a keeper in the dif. or are splines all have same spacing. Your fall color is soon get it back on the road. Madflyer

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Jack you will find we have a very active and engaging Austin Healey forum here so be sore to pop in there too and say hello. You'll get plenty of help and moral support!