• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

New Member from NJ 1960 TR3

orangeice

Freshman Member
I have a disassembled 1960 TR3 that's been in my garage for over 50 years. I'm looking to get rid of it since I'm moving.

The frame is in good shape except for some rusting in the front wheel wells. The engine block has a crack at one of the holes
for the head bolt studs.

Transmission is a 4 speed with overdrive. I replaced the needle bearings for the overdrive planet gears and reset the end clearance
for the sun gear. I haven't assembled it onto the gearbox since I need to replace the tabbed washers for the bridge pieces for the
actuating pistons.

I don't know if this car is worth restoring or if it is just a "parts car".

The car is located in Williamstown NJ 08094.

If you are interested send me an email and I can send you lots of pictures and answer questions.

Jim

orangeice:atverizon.net

Last edited by a moderator:

DavidApp

Yoda
Country flag
Hello Jim

Welcome to the forum.

I am too far away to be interested in the TR3 but I am sure someone on the forum will be.
You should also post it in the Triumph Classified section of the forum. The Roadster Factory has a Classified section on their site that could be a good place to advertise it.

David