• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Promotion

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
My youngest son, Matthew, turned 21 on the 31st and on the 1st was promoted to corporal. He's been a marine for two years now, he graduated boot camp on his birthday two years ago, and I've been very happy with his progression in the Corps so far.
IMG_8378.jpg

OP
waltesefalcon

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Thanks Bas.

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Bravo Walt - to you *and* your son.

Tom M.

(Remember what Eleanor Roosevelt said about the Marines?)

Nope, wasn't there. :devilgrin:

Congrats to him and you, Walt!

Mickey

OP
waltesefalcon

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Thanks everyone.

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Congrats to him!

LarryK

Yoda
Country flag
Congrats and Semper Fi, onward and upward!

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Congrats to you both, Walt.

OP
waltesefalcon

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Thanks Doc.

Country flag
Congrats, tough guys the Marines.
I did NROTC for a while when I was college age years ago. Whole outfit was run by Marines then. CO was a full Colonel on his last deployment before retiring. XO was a 3 Vietnam tour major and the guy in charge of drilling us and teaching military bearing and such was a 30 some year Gunnery Sargent. XO it was said had been badly wounded in his final tour in country and was advised to retire with disability as he wasn't expected to be able to walk again, he was a marathon runner when I was there and loved leading distance runs through the surrounding hills. The Gunny was maybe 5'2" and while he had to cann cadets "sir", he was ont of those guys you just knew you didn't fool around with. While I decided it wasn't for me and left I still find myself "at ease" and other little things they "knocked" into us as preparation for active service.
Great respect for those who do serve active duty and even more for those who make a career out of it.

OP
waltesefalcon

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Thanks guys.