• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Have they broken you tube?

DavidApp

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
This morning when I went to you tube I got a 1 minute advert instead of the one you can skip after a few seconds. That was followed by a second advert that you had to keep up.

Looks like I will not be on you tube as much anymore.

David

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
Yep - been happening in various regions for many moons. And they're really pushing to get subscribers to YouTubeTV.

I've pretty much given up on YT, with all the video ads now. And found out that the ads occur whether you're signed in to YT or not, or whether or not you subscribe to YT TV, YT music, YT premium, YT subscription channels, etc. Even ad blockers, etc. can't stop the interruptions and promos. Bugs me when you find a decent DIY video, and the last two minutes have an overlay for more videos, which blocks the video you're watching.

harumph

pdplot

Yoda
Country flag
What's most annoying is that they now come during the video instead of just at the beginning. More than once most times.

bobhustead

Gold
Country flag
I've noticed this too. Still nowhere near as bad as the ads on cable/satellite TV. They are also offering you the opportunity to select bits like 'see mother elephant's reaction when man helps her calf out of mud' and the like.
Bob

OP
D

DavidApp

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
One of the channels I watch mentioned adverts in the middle of the video. He said he had that disabled in all his 1500 videos but last week he had a number of his subscribers complaining about the mid video adverts. This had been changed by YT.
He did a video about it pointing out that in a 25 minute video there were 6 adverts mid video plus the one at the beginning. As he uploads a video he has the option to disable them but would have to go back and do that to each of his library of videos manually.

David

pdplot

Yoda
Country flag
My late mother said it years ago: "Some day we'll pay for what we now get for nothing". And the ads will reappear like mushrooms after a rain shower.