• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

The fairly new Brave browser

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
Got tired of all the pop up ads the other browsers allow and Brave, a free browser, stops most of those pesky ads. After trying it, I like it! easy to train it for your needs. I hate Edge, to pushy and Chrome doing pop up ads, Firefox the same. Worth a try if your not a die hard MS fan. :encouragement: PJ

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Got tired of all the pop up ads the other browsers allow and Brave, a free browser, stops most of those pesky ads. After trying it, I like it! easy to train it for your needs. I hate Edge, to pushy and Chrome doing pop up ads, Firefox the same. Worth a try if your not a die hard MS fan. :encouragement: PJ

As long as it lets you log in to BCF that's all that really matters, right?

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
I have been using Brave for almost a month now and really like it - it is faster too and uses less resources. Have not gone down the monetize route and there is a few things it won't do - Chromecast apparently only has a work around - so, back and forth between it and Chrome

OP
PAUL161

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
We're using an Android device (K-III Pro) to watch the F-1 events on Sky News, there's always a plug for Brave on a banner at the bottom of the screen. Chrome is the browser on that device so not sure what/who is responsible for the banner. Tried to load Brave on these Linus machines but haven't had any joy there. Reluctant to load it on da 'mits' Win work machine, any disruption to her work flow would put me in th' kennel.

GregW

Yoda
Platinum
Country flag
Tried to load Brave on these Linus machines but haven't had any joy there.
That surprises me. I went to Brave's "how to install on Linux" page and just cut and pasted the commands into a terminal. It installed but didn't give me a launch Icon on Mint's main menu. I did find find brave browser script in /opt/brave.com/brave/, but every time I double click that it asks if I want to run the script. Choosing "run" finally gets Brave running.

https://brave-browser.readthedocs.io/en/latest/installing-brave.html#linux

P.S. I don't feel any speed increase over Chrome.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
That surprises me. I went to Brave's "how to install on Linux" page and just cut and pasted the commands into a terminal. It installed but didn't give me a launch Icon on Mint's main menu. I did find find brave browser script in /opt/brave.com/brave/, but every time I double click that it asks if I want to run the script. Choosing "run" finally gets Brave running.

https://brave-browser.readthedocs.io/en/latest/installing-brave.html#linux

P.S. I don't feel any speed increase over Chrome.

Only gave it cursory attempt once, mostly out of curiosity. may get more serious about it at some point but Chrome works fine.