• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

What kind of desktop backgrounds?

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Just a curiosity, but what kinds of backgrounds do folks have on their computer screens? I rotate images now and then, the current one is a shot I took at a Watkins Glen F-1 event:

petersonLotus.jpg

:

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Mine - pic of my Victor:

Mickey Richaud's Victor TF.jpg

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
nice, I keep two folders that I have on rotation. Car Art - that is my background - these are mostly drawn pictures, old brochures/ renderings/ ads etc that I just throw in the folder when I see one. Here is an example:

Corsica.jpg

and the second folder - pics - is my screen saver

1956-astra-gnome4.jpg

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Mine is a slide show... I have a folder of pics that I took from trips that I have taken and the pics come up in a random order and keep changing.

Country flag
Some are show photos, some are historical car/military subjects that run as a slide show

Attachments

• 1937-mg-ta-cream-cracker-1.jpg
    1937-mg-ta-cream-cracker-1.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 26
OP
DrEntropy

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
A couple in my rotation are of Mitsy but I'd be skinned alive if I posted 'em...

HealeyRick

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
One of my favorites:

Anaheim Mobil, 1956 (2).jpg

Can a gas station inspire awe? We think it can. This marvelous modern Mobil once adorned the intersection of Harbor and Katella, catty-corner from Disneyland's expansive parking lot. Its four exuberant canopies were arranged in a neat diamond pattern - each magically balanced on a single central support - and topped by a flying red Pegasus.

For these images, architects Whitney Smith and Wayne Williams enlisted the talents of their friend, famed photographer Julius Shulman. Shulman staged the photo on the spur of the moment, with a customer's red car and the wife of one of the architects, driving her own Austin-Healey convertible, with white gloves, in the foreground. Anaheim's ubiquitous orange trees, loaded with fruit, border the blacktop in the distance.​

Bayless

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Yes I like Walt's background but he really should get something car related.

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
OP
DrEntropy

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag