• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

New member in Atlanta with a 1973 TR6

waldocorsair

Freshman Member
Good Morning Y'all,

Starting a daily driver restoration of a 1973 TR6 which has sat, on jacks with wooden blocks, in my various garages for the past 24 years. Removed the transmission yesterday to find, yes, the engine does roll!!

So, starting in the back switching out all the brake lines, rebuilding the brakes, new poly on all the old rubber bushings.

The brakes worry me the most, so will have to learn how to bend metal.

Thanks.

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Welcome to the British Car Forum Waldocorsair. You have good taste in TR6's :encouragement:
I'm sure you will have no problem getting your car back on the road again. Be sure to post any questions (when you have them) in the "Triumph" section of the forum for friendly, knowledgeable help whenever you require it.

DavidApp

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
Hello Waldocorsair

Welcome to the forum.

You will find the Triumph section is very active so you are sure to get plenty of tips and advice there for your TR6 restore to daily driver status.

David

Madflyer

Jedi Knight
Country flag
Welcome and yes a great year 1973 as is mine. In 1993 I did my frame up. The rear swing arms were the only bushing I replaced with rubber the rest were poly because I live in Reno NV. dry weather. I did complete a rework and up-date and test drive today. New Radiator and all hoses. timing chain and seal, new starter, harm. balancer, fuel filter, all Trans seals, clutch and plate and bearing, all new carpet. Just a wash and will be like new. Madflyer QUESTION will you work on motor?? CAUTION a friend built a TR 6 that sat for many years the rings etched the cylinders and what seemed all OK with motor was not in 500 miles.