• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

The Grand Tour

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Has The Grand Tour on Amazon been cancelled or just postponed over Covid? I haven't seen anything from them since the Seaman episode that came out last year.

Popeye

Darth Vader
Bronze
Country flag
Their producer contracted COVID, stopping some filming/editing in process. Plus the travel ban stopped new shows, including one in Russia they already paid a lot of money for...

My favorite James May quote: "May revealed that lockdown was the longest period he’d spent away from Hammond and Clarkson since the start of Top Gear. “Three glorious months — it was just amazing. I think that’s why I’m so fit and healthy at the moment, not having the stress of having to deal with them,” he said."

More detail: https://www.radiotimes.com/news/on-demand/2020-07-23/the-grand-tour-britain/

Fun show, if a bit silly / immature. (I can't stand it when they trash stuff for no good reason, or when they disrespect people for no good reason / no funny reason. Specifically Clarkson; he strikes me as a real donkey.)

OP
waltesefalcon

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
I used to watch Top Gear years ago and had never seen The Grand Tour, then this broken foot BS happened and I found myself watching many TV shows I'd ignored over the past few years. I decided to give the Grand Tour a try and found it to be a sophomoric but usually humorous show, with the occasional really good segment, like the tribute to Jim Clark. Now that I have run out of episodes, I'll have to find something else to take it's place for the next couple of months. Oh, I have several of the old Victory by Design episodes on DVD. I'll have someone dig those out for me.

pdplot

Yoda
Country flag
If you have Netflix, look up the Formula One 2018 and 2019 seasons. Great race scenes and interesting bunch of characters.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
If you have Netflix, look up the Formula One 2018 and 2019 seasons. Great race scenes and interesting bunch of characters.

:iagree: :thumbsup:

OP
waltesefalcon

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
I'll look the seasons up.