• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Good Morning - New Member - TR3B and 56 MGA Here

UKRoadster

Freshman Member
Hello British Car Forum. New member here. Looking forward to having good discussions and learning more about these amazing vehicles. We have a 1956 MGA (pictured below) and TR3B which we are in the process of restoring.

1122550030.jpg

DavidApp

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
Hello UKRoadster

Welcome to the forum.

Great looking MGA.
You will find the Triumph section is very active so you are sure to get plenty of tips and advice for your TR3B restoration. Are you doing a frame off or a refresh restore on the TR3B
The MG section will be happy to help with your MGA.

David

OP
U

UKRoadster

Freshman Member
Hello UKRoadster

Welcome to the forum.

Great looking MGA.
You will find the Triumph section is very active so you are sure to get plenty of tips and advice for your TR3B restoration. Are you doing a frame off or a refresh restore on the TR3B
The MG section will be happy to help with your MGA.

David

Hello David, thanks! I am doing frame-off restoration of the TR3B. I have almost completely stripped down and working on welding in new floor pans and reinforcement bracing for the body removal.

Edited to add this, as I noticed you are from Macon, GA, following my post. I am from Georgia, originally. My wife is from Macon and I grew up in Lamar county (Milner), and also went to Crawford County High School (Roberta) for a time. I'm quite familiar with Macon and have spent much time there.

Last edited:

DavidApp

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
Small world.

I mention the bracing because the PO must have removed the body from the frame on my TR3A before he cut out the floor and inner sills. Took me a lot of work to get the door gaps correct. Drivers side door gap was at least 3/8" too small for the door.

David