• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Zoom question

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Hmmmm

brady.jpg

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
The technology was available then but they didn't have the internet. It's like the TV.... it was developed in the 1800's but they had no place to plug it in.

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
The technology was available then but they didn't have the internet. It's like the TV.... it was developed in the 1800's but they had no place to plug it in.
:highly_amused:

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
I used to tell my kids that Abraham Lincoln watched TV by candlelight,
just to see if they were paying attention.

OP
JPSmit

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
I used to tell my kids that Abraham Lincoln watched TV by candlelight,
just to see if they were paying attention.

plugged it into a current bush?

Popeye

Darth Vader
Silver
Country flag
plugged it into a current bush?

Nope, a flying kite with a key... Current was not quantified until 1881: "ampere (n.) 1881, "the current that one volt can send through a resistance of one ohm," from French ampère, named for French physicist André-Marie Ampère (1775-1836). Adopted by the Electric Congress at Paris in 1881. Shortened form amp is attested from 1886."

Having said that, I realize the official unit for current comes well after it's discovery. And, what a internet rabbit hole this brought me to :smile:: Electricity was "known" for a long time; Egyptian texts from 2750 BC mention it found it in some fish. Franklin few a kite in 1752. Etc. First battery is 1800, by appropriately named Alessandro Volta. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electricity

Cool.

Which brings me to a question the internet could not answer for me: how do you trim a current bush?

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
Reminds me, I just bought one of these (particularly since I already have a number of Makita batteries):

trimmer.jpg

As for a current bush, it's mostly a job for a simple pruner.

OP
JPSmit

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
so to clarify Lincoln watched TV by candlelight at ohm?