• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

And You Thought You Were Havin a Bad Day.....

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
As some of you probably discovered, there was something about this thread that was causing a "Fobidden" Error when people tried clicking on the thread. For some reason, the phrase "Having a Bad" was seen by the installed security rules on the server as being associated with a possiblel "SQL Injection Attack". Of course it isn't, but when the server saw that phrase in the browser's URL it triggered a security rule that prevented the person from accessing the server, hence the Forbidden warning. All I had to do was change the word "having" to havin in the thread title and that solved the problem. Weird, I know but it is what it is.

Hopefully not too many people kept clilcking on the link because if they tried too many times (3 I think) they will have had their IP address put into the firewall and would be unable to access the server or the forum at all.

If you hear of anyone who, as a result of clicking on this thread, can't access the forum any longer, have them contact me at bcfadmin:atbritishcarforum.com and I can remove their IP address from the firewall.

I have no idea what it is about that phrase that could be considered a possible "SQL Injection Attack" but then I didn't write the security rules.

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
thinks for explainin, we wus wonderin. I are sure grateful for you keepin the place safe and all you are doin!

:cheers: :grin:

seriously amazing how this all works. Most spam filters are much more sophisticated than they were but for quite a long time having the name John and Peter in my name meant getting shoved to spam on a regular basis :rolleyes:

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
Thanks for the fix ... I think.

I wasn't able to access BCF at all, from this morning until now (7pm EST). Even trying to ping the server IP, I'd get a timeout.

Did you "reset" the server in the last hour?

Tom M.

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Thanks for the fix ... I think.

I wasn't able to access BCF at all, from this morning until now (7pm EST). Even trying to ping the server IP, I'd get a timeout.

Did you "reset" the server in the last hour?

Tom M.

You accessed the "Forbidden" page too many times and the server put your IP address in the fire wall. Mickey told me your dilemma and I determined your IP address from old posts and removed your IP from the firewall.

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
You accessed the "Forbidden" page too many times and the server put your IP address in the fire wall. Mickey told me your dilemma and I determined your IP address from old posts and removed your IP from the firewall.

Thank you!

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
What was it Einstein said about expecting a different result? :smirk: