• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

The pain of office meetings

Country flag
Years ago I had to go to daily morning meetings to review all the computer programs that ran overnight and talk about any problems that occurred. For my support area most days we had nothing to report but one Monday morning I had to discuss a weekend issue caused by a team member making a mistake. So I went through the problem, what happened and what we did to fix it. The guy running the meeting kept saying "and what else??", so I added everything I could think of about how we had talked about the problem and solution so the other person understood. But still "and what else??". Finally when I'd run out of things I could think of to say about it out popped, "and we're tattooing backwards on her forehead so she sees it every morning when she gets up". Everyone in the meeting, 20 some people, except him and I broke out laughing. He stared for a minute, then moved on. After the meeting he went to my then boss and told him not to send me anymore since I didn't take the process seriously. I still hear about this meeting to this day from those who were there...

Popeye

Darth Vader
Silver
Country flag
"and what else??". Finally when I'd run out of things I could think of to say about it out popped, "and we're tattooing backwards on her forehead so she sees it every morning when she gets up". Everyone in the meeting, 20 some people, except him and I broke out laughing. He stared for a minute, then moved on. After the meeting he went to my then boss and told him not to send me anymore since I didn't take the process seriously. I still hear about this meeting to this day from those who were there...

Reminds me of the "Dude Where's my Car" scene: https://youtu.be/oqwzuiSy9y0
(Plus some great car eye-candy: Citroen) A great, albeit completely inane, movie. Similar genre as Animal House, etc.