• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Happy Austin Healey Sprite owner

Crash1961

Freshman Member
Country flag
Good afternoon and thank you for accepting me into the group.

Well, that was fun! After a never-ending battle to join this internet group, it is some kind of test to ensure I am real and not a robot: correct? I am now able to type a few words about me and the Bugeye Sprite. I am now the proud owner of a sprite, not my first BMC having owned a 1960 2 door Morris Minor and a Moke in my years. The sprite of 1961 vintage being the same age as me is cute. My Sprite is a reasonably gutless little thing, so I enjoy plenty of gear changing. She is red in colour and has had the back of the seating area cut out by what appears to be around 4 inches. A metal replacement repair to do later down the track. The brakes are shot and I can hear metal to metal on the rear brakes when reversing, so first job is to rip off the wheels and have a look at those ginormous drums (lol). Thoughts of a 1275 and disc brakes are definitely on my mind. She is a firm ride, seats are comfy and in good nick, in fact, she appears to be in better condition than many. The bodywork is clean, substructure looks ok, but it will all need a good lube and possibly some metal work and welding at some stage. All of which I can do. So if you have a 1275 motor hanging around or a wrecking a sprite Midget with Disc brakes, drop me a line. Australian peeps only :smile:. To be honest, I love it, so many waves and smiles when driven through the Adelaide Hills, what it lacks in performance doesn't worry me much as I need the exercise with my left hand in changing gears. It's a hoot to drive. I have no top just a tonneau cover for now. I've adjusted the SU's as they were full of air filter oil. a clean and a few adjustments have it ticking overt very nicely. As for me, I'm a mechanic by trade originally and so not afraid to tinker and make a mistake or two and still happy to learn from anyone wishing to share their knowledge. I hope to join the South Australia Sprite Car club soon. I look forward to reading all the good guff on this site. Happy Days. Chris

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
welcome! sounds like an interesting car. Mine is a '76 though you and I are the same age.

get over to the Spridget section and we would love to see pics.

OP
C

Crash1961

Freshman Member
Country flag
IMG_5274 2.jpg Here is Monty :smile:

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
lovely! I appreciate the simplicity of rims and hub caps.