• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Those Germans!

Popeye

Darth Vader
Silver
Country flag
As a German myself, in good humor I present you a situation:

CA74F24B-C2EE-4BCD-9903-3A0BE287D5B4.jpg

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
I never sausage a good German pun.

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Do you have to eat it underground then wait for someone to say you can come back out??
No, you can use it to bait your hook when you go nuclear fission.

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
index.jpg

Country flag
You can only carry off that pun if you've got the braunschweiger!!

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
If E=MC squared, does M=E/C?
Anybody understand this stuff?

I don't see how this / could fit into the equation. Is there such a formula? I've never seen one. :sleeping:

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
M = e/(c^2)

[Basil, How do I turn off the auto-correct? It keeps changing E to e and C to c.]

Thank you, John! In spite of the lower case it's understandable in context.

pdplot

Yoda
Country flag
I don't see how this / could fit into the equation. Is there such a formula? I've never seen one.

/ = division sign.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Kraftstoffeinspritzung!

OP
Popeye

Popeye

Darth Vader
Silver
Country flag
According to Google, the longest german word is "Donaudampfschiffahrtsgesellschaftskapitän" - Steamship Captain of an excursion boat company on the Donau river.

On automotive subjects, one of my favorites is the "Porsche Doppelkupplungsgetriebe", or as most know it, a PDK.

For more fun, including watching Richard Hammond try to pronounce the above, see: https://www.carthrottle.com/post/wpl7vmj/