• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Hello from Richmond CA

oilspot

Freshman Member
Country flag
Hello all,
I've been lurking here for some time.

A few things about me:
I learned to read with the MG T-Series Shop Manual.
I love to see MGAs and have yet to see or hear a twin-cam in person.
I like:
-wire wheels.
-chrome.
-multiple carburetors
-superchargers

My dream car:
An Austin Healey Bugeye Sprite.
I'd be happy with a later Sprite/Midget fitted with a bugeye bonnet, but I do appreciate the simplicity of the original years.
I prefer steel wheels on this car, although spokes look alright.
I would like more modern brakes: (front disk, dual circuit), but I'd listen to other advice / opinions.
I've never driven one. But still, I see bugeyes and think, "I'd like to drive that car!"
This is a dream, may never come true, but I keep looking and yearning.

About brakes:
One day, while driving my 1962 Chevy truck in hilly San Francisco, a break line broke.
This was a single circuit brake system.
It took a fraction of a second to conclude that all braking was lost.
The parking break was tired.
Another fraction of a second lost.
I killed the engine.
It seemed like a minute to come to a stop (without hitting anything!) but in total it was a couple seconds.
While luck had a lot to do with it, I recognize that regular inspection and maintenance would have prevented the reliance on luck.
But now, after this, I have paranoia around single circuit breaks (and a much improved diligence with maintenance).

Vehicles from my past:
1966 VW bug
1980 Triumph Spitfire
1953 Chevy 8 ton truck
1962 Chevy 3/4 ton truck

Now, with Covid, I no longer need a dependable car for commuting...
... maybe now is the time to get another vintage car???
... but ... probably that would be irresponsible???

Thank you everyone for being here.

DavidApp

Yoda
Country flag
Hello and welcome to the forum.

Check out the classified sections of the various LBC makes. You may find your next project there.

The Pub is a section where almost anything comes up for discussion.

David