• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

GT6 Label locations

Hoodat

Freshman Member
Country flag
Hello all,
My '70 GT6+ was repainted ~25 years ago. The painter removed 3 labels, but did not replace them. I do not recall exactly where these labels were. I'd like to put them back in their original locations. At least 2 were on the underside of the bonnet on the driver's side near the upper (back) edge. Can anyone tell me where these labels should go (maybe a picture)?
The labels: One is a metal plate 105 mm x 69 mm "Tyre sizes & Pressure..." and "Capacities"
Two are plastic labels. One is 120 mm x 63 mm "U.S. FEDERAL STANDARDS. CONTROL OF AIR POLLUTION." This one has marks across it where the full width seal just below the windshield marred it.
The other is 116 mm x 54 mm "TRIUMPH G.T.6. THIS VEHICLE HAS TRIUMPH EMISSION CONTROL..."
Also, on the left side under the bonnet below the shelf where the brake and clutch masters sit, near the bonnet latch, something may have been riveted on just above a riveted on metal strip (painted over) that has apparently the model series # "75004 KD" which is not the serial number. What could have been riveted there? It was not the metal tag described above; it was glued on somewhere.
Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Hoodat

UltimateQuestion

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
That riveted on tag is the body number, not the same as the commission number which should be on another larger embossed plate right above it. Sorry I have no idea about the under bonnet decals or tags, mine has none.

OP
H

Hoodat

Freshman Member
Country flag
Thanks, Tony. You gave me a place to start by identifying that the commission number tag should be where I asked. I found a photo on triumphspitfire.com that shows the tag. The commission tag was ultimately moved to the left door pillar, just below the latch, where mine is. Thus, my GT6 never had a tag under the bonnet, just a couple of rivets plugging the holes.
Guess I panicked when I couldn't find the tag there... ;)
Hoodat