• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Hi from Texas

Steve76063

Freshman Member
Thanks for welcoming me to the group...I'm the recent (7/3/2020) owner of TD13006, a 1952 MG-TD that I plan to enjoy, not restore. My previous British car experience was with my brother's Bugeye back in the late '60s, so it's been a while :smile:
I'm sure I'll be searching through all the posts here for help in keeping 'Terence' actively on the road.
Present projects are fitting seat belts (to keep me in place during my spirited drives), filling (and then replacing if necessary) the shocks - he bounces quite a bit, and replacing the brakes and cylinders. Also, after removing the rear wheels to work on the brakes, replacing the left side rear axle seal (oil dripping from the brake drum!!!).

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Welcome, Steve! Sounds like you're having fun with Terence - the whole point of little British cars!

DavidApp

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
Hello Steve

Welcome to the forum.

The MG section will be a great resource for you as you work on your MG TD.

Post some photos of your TD.

David

OP
S

Steve76063

Freshman Member
Here's Terence :smile:
IMG_0922 (Large).jpgIMG_0925 (Large).jpgIMG_0926 (Large).jpgIMG_0931 (Large).jpg

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
Bravo! Great looking T!

How's the interior and the engine?

Enjoy and not restore. Good motto to live by.
Tom M.
PS - some T's were fitted by the owner to have a small hydraulic fluid reservoir at the firewall, with tubes running to the shocks, keeping the shocks filled.