• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Overheard while running this morning

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
This morning I went for a run at the local college outdoor track; there's mix of "walkers" and "runners" who use it.
I ran passed two women and a young boy who was maybe 5 years old; they were walking in the outer lanes.
I kept a steady pace and eventually I ran passed them for a second time. When I passed them the second time the little boy announces to his mom "that OLD MAN just passed you again mommy" :eek:nthego:
I smiled to myself as I kept going and thought "hey, that little kid just insulted me":arms:

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
A few years ago I was hoeing about a half acre of Indian corn (1830s Old Sturbridge Village). A family comes to the fence, and the mother says "You look like you should be retired! Why do you work so hard, out in the hot sun?"

I smile and say "It keeps me strong and good looking".

Daughter, about ten, says "But it's not working."

sigh

OP
Gliderman8

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
:lol:

Country flag
Young and old are relative terms. The kids my oldest niece works with are school age so her late 20s are old to some. And for me, to someone 80 I may still be a young fellow while to someone 40, I'm their parents...

pdplot

Yoda
Country flag
Age is just a number. No one can believe how old I am. 86, will turn 87 in November unless Covid-19 gets me. My only secret is to keep doing all the things (or most of them) that I've been doing all my life, including messing with these ridiculous cars. Plus I'm still working.

DavidApp

Yoda
Country flag
Thank you.

That makes me feel Young at 71 almost a kid. Still working some and these ridicules cars do help.

David

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Orbit number seventy will be complete for me next week. Still a viable tech, R&R'd an 86 year old pal's MGB radiator for an aluminum one on Friday, still have computer network clients. May take my "vintage" Connelly 65" slalom ski out for a go, to celebrate! We'll see...

At 16 and 40:

thompsonSki.jpg
ConnellySki.jpg

OP
Gliderman8

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Happy pre-Birthday. We all have skills and talents and as long as we can use them then age doesnā€™t matter.
If you go slalom we want pics!

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Will that be the new YouTube sensation?

pdplot

Yoda
Country flag
I had no idea. On one ski? What next? I waterskied once in my life in Nantucket harbor. Stiff as a board because I can't swim, I stiff-legged my way around the harbor until I motioned that I had enough. I almost drowned as a kid and hated the water ever since.

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Only if he face-plants...

May be inevitable! :devilgrin:

pd said:
I had no idea. On one ski? What next? I waterskied once in my life in Nantucket harbor. Stiff as a board because I can't swim, I stiff-legged my way around the harbor until I motioned that I had enough. I almost drowned as a kid and hated the water ever since.

I started skiing at about age 11, snow and water. Taught to water ski by a Cypress Gardens exhibition skier. Have "liberated" $20 bills from folk who bet I couldn't ski on a Mohawk canoe paddle... :smirk:

OP
Gliderman8

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Bare foot skiing?

Working in Germany a few years ago they had the World Bare foot Skiing championship. Teams from all over the world.

David

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCIO6Fe2rRE

Oh boy... don't give doc any ideas what-so-ever about bare anything skiing. Next thing you know he will post a pic of himself bareas skimming over the water :scared:

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Probably legal in Florida as long as hes wearing a mask... and that's itļ˜

:lol:

Well, Herself has put the skiing idea off the schedule. I've got an issue with the inter-ocular lens in my right eye, called a "subluxation". The lens has shifted out of position. I've a refracted "ghost" image below the normal, focused one. Waiting for the virus to subside before I can have the corrective procedure done. In the meantime I'm not to do anything that may further the dislocation. Impact from a skiing fall is included... I'm not happy over it, either. :mad:

OP
Gliderman8

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
A good decision doc... for you and us :devilgrin:

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
My Wife overheard me talking to an old friend,when I told him I'm
looking for another motorcycle.She "disagreed" with me on that matter.
I've since decided that I really shouldn't get one,as A - I haven't
ridden in about 30 years,& B- The biggest danger is not me,but all of those
really bad drivers we have around here.