• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

General TR Sad news about Randall

PeterK

Yoda
from VTR post on Facebook:

Ronnie Babbittto The Vintage Triumph Register

1h ·

It’s with a very heavy Heart to announce the passing of Randall Young.
Randall will be missed by many. He was a true Triumph enthusiast and wealth of knowledge to all. Prayers to his wife Mei and their family.
Rest In Peace my friend.
This was posted by Andrew Uprichard on an email list .
I just got a call from Randall’s wife, Mei. Randall died 2 days ago. He was only 64. Very sad indeed.
Mei asked me to let his Triumph friends know, so I have posted a note on TRE as well as this email. Anyone who knew Randall should feel free to post to other sites where he was active.
Mei told me they are planning a funeral in the Midwest (Missouri, I believe, but she was very emotional and hard to follow).
Thank you Andrew for the Update many had been worried about Randall

glemon

Yoda
Country flag
Very sad to hear the news, he had that rare combination of always being willing to help, a great knowledge of Triumphs, electrics and wrenching, and never judgemental or condescending. He will be greatly missed.

CJD

Yoda
Country flag
Bummer. He is a true legend in the Triumph world and will be greatly missed. His wisdom lives forever in these threads.

DavidApp

Yoda
Country flag
RIP Randall.

I never met him but he was a great help to me during my TR3 rebuild. Always quick with help and an answer to almost any question. So many great ideas as well.

Condolences to his family.

David

charleyf

Jedi Knight
Country flag
Randall will be sorely missed. He had the most explicit answers to the toughest questions. Plus he had a heap of very helpful photos and ideas.
RIP Randall.

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Randall had been a member here since 2003 - that's a long time! Some of you older heads may remember that for a few years we had an award called the "Dave Russell" award that was based on votes by the membership for a BCF member who exemplified helpfulness and camaraderie in the hobby. Randall was the recipient of the very first Dave Russell award. Rest in Peace Randall.

mrv8q

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
Terribly sad news about Randall’s passing; first Charles Runyon and now Randall, I am stunned.

I first met Randall on this forum. He was so helpful on my new to me TR3, 15 years ago.

I was able to finally meet him in person 5 or 6 years ago on a SCTOA New Year’s Day drive. It was an unbelievably cold morning, just over freezing, and he and I were the only TR3 owners to brave the cold driving without hard or soft tops. I was able to meet his lovely wife Mei as well. My condolences to her.

I know how helpful Randall was to me and many Triumph owners around the world on this terrific forum and other forums as well.
He was a terrific resource and so willing to share his knowledge and experience.

I can only wish him Godspeed on his next journey. He will be sorely missed in this world.

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Sad indeed - big hole to fill here on the forum.

Mickey

karls59tr

Obi Wan
Country flag
Sad news. He was always willing to help me with my TR3 restoration. Many times he solved the mechanical problems I had with car and was always willing to help.
Karl

mgedit

Jedi Knight
Country flag
Very sad news. Condolences to his wife and family. He was a person who shared his extensive knowledge freely, had the ability to communicate clearly, and was a great, though un-met friend, to many of us. A significant loss to the Triumph family. Rest in Peace Randall. Cheers, Mike

Graham H

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
Very sad news. From his advice it was clear to me that Randall was remarkably accurate with evidence to show how he arrived at the answer to a problem and it made me rethink because a lot of my replies were based on experience rather than fact. He has made it a hard act to follow RIP Randall.

Graham

sp53

Yoda
Country flag
Yes Randal has been and will be a strong influence in my life. I always waited for his post before I made a decision. Heck many times before I had an idea about the direction I should go, I would wait to hear his opinion. He loved to help—God Bless.

TR4nut

Yoda
Country flag
Randall was one I considered a friend although we never met in person - a big help to me here and a constant presence everywhere Triumph discussions occurred. Rest In Peace Randall

poolboy

Yoda
Country flag
I don't know if Randall left childern as part of his legacy, but no doubt about the one he left among Triumph owners.
RIP

TexasKnucklehead

Jedi Knight
Country flag
I met Randall on this forum a very long time ago. He (virtually) helped me with my Tr6 and was invaluable during my Tr3 restoration. On one of my cross country trips (2014), I made a lunch date with Randall at his favorite restaurant. We had Chinese buffet together and ended up talking for a few hours. It was the only time I ever spoke with him or saw him in person. He will be remembered well. Godspeed Randall and to those who knew him better.

Attachments

• randall.jpg
    randall.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 103

martx-5

Yoda
Country flag
Very sad indeed. He was such a great ambassador of the TR world. His knowledge and expertise was just incredible. RIP my friend.

pdplot

Yoda
Country flag
What a blow. And so young - like his name. In researching my open circuit problem,. I came across an old email by Randall answering my problem. I never met him either but he was Mr. Triumph to all of us. Like Paul Rego (Broskey), people like that can't be replaced when they pass on. My condolences to his wife Mei. If I find the solution, I'll dedicate it to him.

PD