• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

AC Fuel Pump stuff

Adelethe63TR4

Freshman Member
I am the proud caretaker of a 1963 TR4 and a 1972 Alfa GTV 2000 :smile:

Definitely have learned the value of reaching out to owners of the make(s) for helpful tips on how to keep these "old girls" running! It's a fun moment when you pull up next to a modern car and get a thumbs up from the driver - not to mention the attention when parking and exiting to go get a snack!

Anyhow, currently in the midst of re-plumping the Triumph and got stumped by a freshly rebuilt "leaky fuel pump" (compression fittings) after ALL my trouble to rebuild, reform and restore some cleanliness to the fuel delivery. knuckles not too skinned, but head scratching was plentiful.

Glad I found BCF! Came across the bit by Scott Suhring on modifying two "standard" brass ferrels and will give that a try. I gotta fix this leaky connection!!!!! Had been driving it with the existing pump and lines wet/leaky and decided I better figure out how to fix that - lol

I'm onboard and agree with the fitment issue of the brass ferrels available being too short, so I'm trying Scott's suggestion - unless you fine gents and ladies can point me to a source for "original fit" olives....look forward to learning all about owning and driving this cool little car!!
Cheers, Armando

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Welcome to BCF Armando! Be sure to pop in at our Triumph forum here also and say hello. We have a pretty active TR bunch here.