• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Face masks

DavidApp

Yoda
Country flag
I hope that the grocery stores can come up with a way for people to dispose of their face masks as they leave the store. At the moment shoppers seem to have to drop them in the parking lot.

David

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
It's not only the masks... People also dispose of the disinfectant wipes that the supermarkets put out when you enter the store. Some are thrown on the floor and others just left in the cart when they leave the store; both pretty gross.
The stores provide a place to dispose of them (trash cans) so why do people not use them?

LarryK

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
Lazy.

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Even hospitals! My wife had an appendectomy Sunday night, and I've been going up there every day since. Masks are required, of course, and yesterday there were a couple of them thrown away on the parking lot. I didn't see a receptacle for them, but still - no excuse for dumping them on the lot.

She's doing fine - a bit slow to recover, but should be coming home today.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Wow, Bro! Give 'er a (gentle) hug for us!

And I've seen some gross stuff left by ignorant folk in store parking lots. Even in carts before the businesses had people to check and clean them. Some folks are pigs.

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
same issue here - masks and gloves - grumble grumble - more to the point give Janet our very best wishes and assure her of our prayers - glad she is doing well.

PS we still have a no visitors rule for hospitals - have had a couple friends have a parent die (during COVID/ not of COVID) both were allowed in at the end (one a nursing home) Everyone understands the necessity but it does make things harder.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Heard a physician liken the efficacy of face masks for blocking the virus spore to putting up a chain link fence to block out mosquitoes. Useless.

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Mickey,

Hope Janet's (She really DOES exist!) recovery goes well.

I work in a grocery store,& what bothers me the most is people
coming up & getting right next to me.No "excuse me",or anything like
that.

Another pet peeve is people who bring "service animals" into
the store that obviously are not.You can't say anything to them,except
ask them "What service does your animal provide?".
And then there's the older women who bring their lap dogs in,
and put them in their shopping cart.

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Heard a physician liken the efficacy of face masks for blocking the virus spore to putting up a chain link fence to block out mosquitoes. Useless.

I'm going with Fauci/ WHO/ CDC on this one - not leaving home without it.

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
This is my favorite mask.... SWMBO gives me "that look" when I tell her I want to buy it. I can't understand why? :jester:

IMG_4587.jpg

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Brilliant! I have seen some very clever ones

besides, 'what me worry' kind of works. :grin:

Rusty Addiction

Freshman Member
I guess everyone's on the maskwagon. This is what showed up with my recent TRF order... More appropriate for this forum.

IMG_6838.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_6838.jpg
    IMG_6838.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 23

Madflyer

Jedi Knight
Country flag
I do a lot of wood working and have boxes of N95's they say they are the best. I do not fine them hard to use it's my lungs my health. People that say it is to hard to breath so die next best thing. I live near Lake Tahoe NV CA each year after any big weekend trash is picked up by the tons. Should be easy you bring it you take it. Madflyer

OP
D

DavidApp

Yoda
Country flag
Enjoy the Lake. Leave nothing but your foot prints. Same on the beach. Take your water bottle/drink can home with you or find a trash can.

David

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
I live 1 mile from the local grocery store. On drive home just now I counted 6 of those light blue disposable masks on the side of the road (and that was just on the right side of the road). Could have been more, but that's the number I spotted. Also have seen two tossed masks out on the trails (Bureau of Land Management land) near our home.

Last edited:

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
I live 1 mile from the local grocery store. On drive home just now I counted 6 of those light blue disposable masks on the side of the road (and that was just on the right side of the road). Could have been more, but that's the number I spotted. Also have seen two tossed masks out on the trails (BLM land) near our home.
Sad.
When the NYC Subway system went to MetroCards people just tossed them all over the floor when the money was used up. They bought new ones instead of recharging the empty ones. The floors were littered with them.
When they had tokens, they had value and were recycled... no waste but of course they were not "electronic".