• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

New Member Long Time Owner

Dave Deamer

Freshman Member
Country flag
Hello,
I am currently restoring/modifying a 55 BN1 owned since 1969. Car spent about 40 years in various states of repair and repose. After two years in the Army, I returned to California and married leading to the car interest being superseded by family matters. On retiring in 2011, I undertook to bring the car bck leading to a Jule frame, engine rebuild including a DWR aluminum head and a 3:54 rear end to improve engine reliability at freeway speeds. Went to Conclave in 2019 including about 1500 miles of touring that convinced me the first gear (actual second) in the BN1 transmission was too high for the lower numerically rear end ratio. This led to installing a Toyota 5 speed and front disc brakes using the DWR kit. Finishing up with mods to a BN4 sideshift trans tunnel and replacing the rear brake cylinders with late model 3/4 inch cylinders. Hope to finish soon and get back on the road.

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Welcome to BCF, Dave. You will find we have a very active Austin Healey forum here so be sure to pop in there soon.