• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

My best friend's granddaughter

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
My best friend, Dave's. grand daughter - in her 20's - just committed suicide. I am sick.
Served in AF with Dave then we worked for same contractor for 20 years. Please keep them in your thoughts and prayers.

anarchy99

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
Thoughts and prayers to you and yours and his family as well. I'll never understand it. I won't. I'm sorry brother.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Horrifying news. Impossible to make sense of it with someone so young. So sad.

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
such sad news - he will be grateful for a friend like you - and especially a friend with NAMI experience.

In our prayers

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
I've lost a family member as well as a close friend to suicide.... it makes no sense at all to me. My condolences to you and your friends family.

Madflyer

Jedi Knight
Country flag
So Sad Our son did 20 years in the Army and came out a WO 2 served in every **** hole the Army could send him to. He has been out two plus years and we watch him and still worry. I did my time in Nam so I talk to him as a vet and a dad. If our sons and daughters only were at risk in war zones but our son was at FT. Hood for some of the killings their. We are their only hope watch them every day. Madflyer

sparkydave

Jedi Knight
Country flag
My condolences Basil, and praying for the family. A friend of mine who was involved in our community theater and actually performed on stage for the first time last year committed suicide a few weeks ago. Was quite a shock since he was in the play that I co-directed, but everyone in our theater is feeling it.

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
This is so sad and maddening for everyone who knew her.

And reminds us that some people feel they have only one solution to their problems, after fighting them for many years.

When someone seeks companionship with others, but those others seem to reject them - and their lives seem to be spiraling down - it's very very tough.

Tom M.