• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Today -

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Always a bit miffed at the "Star Trek:Voyager" episodes usurping the maquis name. IMHO it denigrates the French Resistance efforts and dedication during the occupation.

...just my 2 francs worth.

OP
NutmegCT

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
One of thousands of stories of the Occupation:

A German officer visits a girls' school in occupied France, to verify they're learning the Nazi-approved "Travail, Famille, Patrie" instead of "Liberte' Fraternite' Egalite'"

It's winter, there's no heat in the classroom, and the girls all wear overcoats and hats.

Officer greets them in French, smiles, and asks them to stand and sing The Marseillaise. Girls stand, begin to sing the anthem, and slowly remove their coats.

Left side of the class is wearing blue shirts, center wearing white shirts, right side wearing red shirts.

Officer's smile melts away, and he walks out of the classroom.

640px-Flag_of_France_(1794–1815,_1830–1958).svg.png

pdplot

Yoda
Country flag
They were indeed brave. I wonder how many Americans would be as brave to face the Nazis? Or hide Jews or Gypsys knowing what would happen if they were caught.

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
They were indeed brave. I wonder how many Americans would be as brave to face the Nazis? Or hide Jews or Gypsys knowing what would happen if they were caught.

I think a lot more than some might imagine! :encouragement:

LarryK

Yoda
Country flag
We got the WAR done, you bet there are still some Veterans would do it now. Wouldn't count on the younger generation that has been hid from these reminders.