• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

NO-Ad Sunscreen

DavidApp

Yoda
Country flag
I am in Florida on vacation and needed to get a bottle of my favorite sunscreen. No-AD 45. No one had any of the NO-AD brand. All they have are spray cans and small tubes of sunscreen.
Looking on line it seems it may be discontinued.

I hate the spray kind as it is expensive and wasteful. As parents spray their kids down everyone gets enveloped in a cloud of spray.
Time to make home made sunscreen now?
Been making sanitizing spray since April.

David

GregW

Yoda
Platinum
Country flag
I hate the spray kind as it is expensive and wasteful. As parents spray their kids down everyone gets enveloped in a cloud of spray.
Just stand down wind of the kids. Then you get free sunscreen.

pdplot

Yoda
Country flag
I found some great stuff - Palm Island. Not greasy, goes on easily. Problem? They only sell it to golf clubs and the like, but I think you might be able to buy it online. I used to get it in the men's locker room at the golf club in Florida.

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
Back in the 1830s, New Englanders knew that sunburn can be deadly. We wore long sleeve shirts, long pants, and wide brim hats. Women had long dresses with long sleeves, and "sun bonnets" for shade when working outside. And this was from May to October.

Result: no sunburn

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Sunscreen? What's that?