• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Hello

Rusty Addiction

Freshman Member
Hi All,

Joining because I got myself a new puzzle last week in the form of a 1958 Triumph TR3A. I was looking for a project where I can get lost for hours on end for the next several years... I'm pretty sure this one will deliver. Looking forward to good advice once I start breaking it all down to put it all back together again.

LarryK

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
Welcome aboard. Remember to take pictures when pulling apart and lots of penetrating oil.

DavidApp

Yoda
Country flag
Hello Rusty

Welcome to the forum.

You will find that the Triumph section is very active so you are sure to get plenty of tips and advice for your project.
Take photos as you go and make good notes to help as you go back together. Ziploc bags for small assemblies and fasteners.

Post some photos as you work on the TR3A

David

OP
Rusty Addiction

Rusty Addiction

Freshman Member
Thanks for the encouragement. We shall see how it goes. It's been almost 30 years since i've attempted a frame-off restoration. I do plan an attempt to video document the whole thing with a stationary recorder and a go-pro. It could be something useful for reference (or simply be a great example of what-not-to-do) for generations to come.

Madflyer

Jedi Knight
Country flag
Hello And to all TR owners a task to behold as we watch progress to unfold. If you have seen it or done it restorations are a gift that keeps giving. As each steps begins and is completed JOY is yours alone. Mine was 25 years ago and the hours were many nights were long. I would come home from work ( a word I no longer use ) to find a box of parts had arrived. Yes the night is young dinner was cold weekend beer was cold. Just a few more hours dear I will get to that leak under the sink. Madflyer