• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Greg B

Freshman Member
Hi everyone. I have been away from this forum for a long time, but I mostly lurked when I was regularly checking in. I have restored a 1966 MGB starting in 2004 that I finished in about 2009. It got a new interior, paint, engine freshening level rebuild and a 4 synchro gearbox swap. It is my favorite of my MGs and I drive it whenever I can.

I also have a 1972 Midget that I have owned for 24 years. It hasn't actually been restored, but I did put in a different 1275 engine and gearbox after having a burnt valve and a broken bell housing on the gearbox. It was supposed to be temporary while I rebuilt the original 1275, but it turned out to be such a strong runner, I never got around to putting the original back in. I don't drive this one as much, but I still love a spin in the Midget. It just is a fun car to drive.

My latest challenge is a 1959 MGA 1600 that is a very rough car. Not sure if I want to take on the extensive rust repair but am researching my options. Work space is also a consideration. Garage is kinda full.

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Welcome to the BCF....but....

27572d1234665383-09-heritage-big-radius-big-sucker-fuelpak-help-this-thread-is-useless-without-p.jpg

DavidApp

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
Hello Greg B

Welcome to the forum.

The MG section would be a good place to get advice and ideas about your MGA. Everyone needs a project.
Post some photos of your MGs.

David