• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Your thoughts?

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
A long-time friend of mine is doing a series of short videos on some of the writings of Benjamin Franklin. He uses Franklin's original texts, with no "modern" comments or interpretation.

We're looking for input (pro and con) on the videos. A sample:

The series:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCI46Yq8wErjJpUPrXO7eKhg/videos

I'd appreciate your leaving any comments here in this thread, pro or con, suggestions, whatever.

Thanks.
Tom M.

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Lose the wedding ring.... Franklin was never legally married; he had a common law wife.

Country flag
Lose the wedding ring.... Franklin was never legally married; he had a common law wife.

Which is why I can say I am related to him, but not officially..... True story, my mother's family is Franklin and we are related.... :smile:

OP
NutmegCT

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
Which is why I can say I am related to him, but not officially..... True story, my mother's family is Franklin and we are related.... :smile:

And congrats to you! So ... any thoughts on the video?

John Turney

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
I watched a few of the episodes. I found the one on "The True American Revolution" quite interesting. The one on "Independence Day" seems to stop in the middle. I wish it were complete. The Narragansett Mare is mildly amusing, but I think Franklin had quite a few more important things to say.

OP
NutmegCT

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
John - thanks very much for the detailed comments. You're right about Franklin having more important things to say. My friend takes the texts from Poor Richard's Almanac, and many other Franklin documents.

Check out his video on Sugar, or the "Discovery of America".